Windows 10: Locating possible memory leakage

Discus and support Locating possible memory leakage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past few days I've been trying to figure out what program seems to be causing what appears to be a memory leak. My PC currently sits at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Imue_Dyme, Jul 12, 2019 at 2:07 AM.

1. Imue_Dyme Win User

Locating possible memory leakage

For the past few days I've been trying to figure out what program seems to be causing what appears to be a memory leak. My PC currently sits at anywhere from 6.2GB to 7.3GB on average at idle even after restarting it with my 8GB system. The closest i've gotten so far is using MemUsage but even in there the process name is unknown and the PID not available. I did run Malwarebytes for a full and complete scan but it didn't seem to pick up anything useful or related. I need to know if theres anything else i can do to try and locate this.

Locating possible memory leakage 0886cbc8-92b7-457f-b90a-802e8436afd5?upload=true.png

:)

2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

4. Kem Mon Win User

Unable to turn on the Location from the Location Settings.

Hi Rafiul,

It is possible that the
    GPS chipset
    is not working properly causing your location settings to be
    disabled or cannot be turned on. Kindly run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on the
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

If the issue
    persists, we suggest that you contact your
    computer/laptop's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Thema:

1. Locating possible memory leakage - Similar Threads - Locating possible memory

2. How is this memory usage even possible?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How is this memory usage even possible?: Hi, How is it possible that I have 88% memory usage with no programs running? [img] I thought it could be caused by memory leaks, but after a fresh boot it is the same. This an 8 GB machine, how can "nothing" occupy 88%? This has been happening periodically with this...
  3. ram leakage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ram leakage: the longer my computer runs the more ram it uses why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-leakage/e80875cf-d1f4-4e3f-832b-fb8d438bf6b2
  4. Unpredictable BSODs and system instability possibly due to memory or motherboard

Unpredictable BSODs and system instability possibly due to memory or motherboard: Hello, I've been having some inconsistent problems with my PC. Since I live in university dorms and haven't gone around to bringing my PC with me, I mostly just use it on the weekends. I've built this system last year and the main weakpoints are the cheap 16GB 2400MHz...
  5. AdblockPlusEngine.exe is possibly leaking Memory. What do I do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AdblockPlusEngine.exe is possibly leaking Memory. What do I do?: I ran a scan in my Webroot software, and it shows that AdblockPlusEngine.exe has a possible memory leak. In looking it up on Microsoft, it was suggested that I try running Microsoft Safety Scanner, and I did. It showed that no Malware, No viruses, and No unwanted software...
  6. Sporadic Wi-Fi issue - possible memory leak?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sporadic Wi-Fi issue - possible memory leak?: Hey all - I have an issue with my newly-built Win10 Enterprise system (v1803 build 17713.1002), although I've seen this happen with another Win10 computer I own using the exact same physical NIC. Suddenly the WiFi will basically stop. Usually I cannot ping my default...
  7. Sporadic Wi-Fi issue - possible memory leak?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sporadic Wi-Fi issue - possible memory leak?: Hey all - I have an issue with my newly-built Win10 Enterprise system (v1803 build 17713.1002), although I've seen this happen with another Win10 computer I own using the exact same physical NIC. Suddenly the WiFi will basically stop. Usually I cannot ping my default...
  8. BSOD Random Crash, Possibly Memory Corruption?

BSOD Random Crash, Possibly Memory Corruption?: Hi there, My laptop has been crashing randomly for no apparent trigger. But a noticeable cycle is ~ every 12 days. Every time is the same error: "faulty hardware corrupted page" So I try using memtest86 but with no luck (10 passes all gd) Then I use windows...
  9. Possible upgrade problem because of location of System Reserved part?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible upgrade problem because of location of System Reserved part?: I want to to an 'upgrade' from Win 7 to Win 10, but I messed up when installing Win 7 - my "system reserved" partition ended up on a non-system drive (see attached). I don't want to carry over this mistake to Win 10... (plus the Win 10 upgrade says to disconnect all...
  10. Windows 10 Pro. Memory Leakage Issue by Service Host:

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro. Memory Leakage Issue by Service Host:: I am using registered version of Win 10 Pro. with administrator privileges - I am facing extreme memory consumption issues. I have a total of 4-GB physical memory and 3.9-Gb approx 89-90% is always busy. Task Manager shows "Service Host" with 18 of its sub processes consuming...