Windows 10: locating/ recovering network password

Discus and support locating/ recovering network password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do i find my network password? thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by southpier, Apr 7, 2021.

1. southpier Win User

locating/ recovering network password

how do i find my network password?

thanks

:)

southpier, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

add a network location windows 10

Hi Erich,

Adding a network place in Windows allows you to access FTP, Windows file shares, and some HTTP servers directly in My Network Places, without having to use an FTP client.
    To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried adding a network location?
    • Are you trying to add a network location or map a network drive?

Meanwhile, if you're adding a network location, we suggest that you follow these steps below about adding a network location:

• Open This PC in File Explorer, click on the Computer tab, click on the
      Add a network location button in the ribbon.
    • Click on Next in the Add Network Location wizard.
    • Click on Choose a custom network location, and click on
      Next
    • Type the address of the website, FTP site, or network location you want to add, and click on
      Next.
    • If you are allowed to log on anonymously to this network location, click on
      Next
    • Type a name you want for this network location in This PC, and click on
      Next
    • If you are not allowed to log on anonymously to this network location, then uncheck the
      Log on anonymously box, enter the user name for the network location, and click on
      Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • If you could not log on anonymously to this network location, you will see a
      Log On As
      dialog prompting you to enter the user name and password for this network location. Check the
      Save password box if you do not want to be required to type the user name and password every time you access this network location. Click on
      Log On when finished.
    • The network location will now open.

If you're mapping a network, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to map a network drive.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Apr 7, 2021
  4. locating/ recovering network password

Recovering Windows 10 image from a home network

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Are you still facing the issues with updates?

We suspect the issue might have caused due to some corruption in the Network drivers.

I suggest you to perform the below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:Run Network troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run Network troubleshooter, it will automatically troubleshoot the network problem and check. If it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Network troubleshooter.
    • Click on Advanced on the Network troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Network troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below provided information:

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall network driver

I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall network driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager
    • Locate for Network adaptor and expand it.
    • Right click on the device and click on uninstall.
    • Once you uninstall the driver, restart the computer. It should automatically install the generic driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 3: Update network adaptor driver

I would suggest you to update network adaptor driver. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager
    • Locate for Network adaptor and expand it.
    • Right click on the Wi-Fi device and click on
      update.
    Check if it helps.

For further reference, go through the below article.

Click on,
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-8

Applies to Windows 10.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

locating/ recovering network password

1. locating/ recovering network password - Similar Threads - locating recovering network

2. Password recover

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password recover: I had hotmail account email since 1998.I forgot password.Phone to recover password was from 1998. I dont have this phone number anymore.After sending form to recover password answering hotmail question, i was receive email from microsoft on my other account:To reset the...
  3. Password recover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password recover: I had hotmail account email since 1998.I forgot password.Phone to recover password was from 1998. I dont have this phone number anymore.After sending form to recover password answering hotmail question, i was receive email from microsoft on my other account:To reset the...
  4. Password recover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recovering passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering passwords: Hello When I set my new account up on a new laptop I used the wrong email. I can't get into my laptop, it keeps on saying wrong pin. I tried to recover it from Microsoft but the email address is wrong and doesn't exist. They can't send the code to change my password. Can...
  6. Recovering passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering passwords: Hello When I set my new account up on a new laptop I used the wrong email. I can't get into my laptop, it keeps on saying wrong pin. I tried to recover it from Microsoft but the email address is wrong and doesn't exist. They can't send the code to change my password. Can...
  7. recover password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    recover password: Applies to: Windows 10, OneDrive, Outlook.com My wife got locked out of her account. Computer says the password is incorrect. When we go through the password recovery process "I forgot my password" the following occurs: 1. Microsoft asks for email to send verification...
  8. Password recover

Password recover: I have lost all my saved password in google chrome after a window 10 update on September 2, 2020. I also lost the window background on my desktop. I would like to know how can I retrieve and restore these important password....
  9. recover password

recover password: I need to get my password reset for my outlook account because it's also the account I use on my pc. I need to verify it to be able to change a few things in the settings but the problem that I have is that I made the outlook account like when I was 12 or 13 and I have no...
  10. Network Locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Locations: Just recently I have been noticing that sometimes, the "Network Location" in This PC, which is located underneath your "Devices and Drives" drop down tab contains network location(s) at times and would then disappear after a time. I just then today, went into the Network tab...