Windows 10: Locating Registry Key Path for "Allow this device to wake the computer" grayed out HID GATT...

Discus and support Locating Registry Key Path for "Allow this device to wake the computer" grayed out HID GATT... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am conducting my own Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard troubleshooting. So far, I am partially on the way to possibly having this fixed through my own... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HyliasChosenOne, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Locating Registry Key Path for "Allow this device to wake the computer" grayed out HID GATT...

I am conducting my own Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard troubleshooting. So far, I am partially on the way to possibly having this fixed through my own means, but I am trying to broaden a RegKey modification to see if it resolves my issue.

To the point. My computer by default did not allow Bluetooth Keyboard and Mice to wake the computer and provided no initial setting to do so. However, A simple Registry Key modification of the "SystemRemoteWakeSupported" helped slightly, but I want to be thorough in my effort from a troubleshooting perspective.

In the screenshot below, I am trying to conduct the same RegKey modification performed on my Intel Bluetooth Adapter on my HID Bluetooth LE devices.

Locating Registry Key Path for "Allow this device to wake the computer" grayed out HID GATT... a832c534-90bf-40fc-8e82-a7b577ef21f1?upload=true.png

The question I want to ask, would anyone happen to know where in the registry the Remote Wake key path for the GATT Compliant HID device sits? to get the same effect I got on the Intel Bluetooth Adapter?

I am hoping that by attempting what I did on the Intel Bluetooth Adapter I can get the same effect on the HID Bluetooth mouse and keyboard to put an end to the delayed and sometimes unsuccessful attempts my Mouse and Keyboard have when it comes to waking and auto-reconnecting to the computer from sleep or idle.

Information below to reference if needed:

Device: Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen8 20U9

CPU: Intel Core i7-10610U

Device BIOS Version: N2WET16W v1.06

Wireless Adapter: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160Mz

Bluetooth Accessories in question: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Presenter Mouse & Lenovo TrackPoint Keyboard II

:)

HyliasChosenOne, Jul 9, 2020
  2. carcetti Win User

Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10  

Hi! I too have an ASUS (UX360UAK) laptop. The power button is annoyingly on the side and rather inconvenient to push down every time I want to wake my laptop, and hitting a keyboard button won't wake it from sleep either.

I've gone into device management-->keyboards-->power management. In device management there are three keyboards: a PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 (101/102-Key), and two HID Keyboard Devices. I'm not sure which one of these is the physical keyboard, but only the only one that has a Power Management tab is one of the HID Keyboard Device's so I'm assuming it's this one. In Power Management, Allow this device to wake the computer is CHECKED/ENABLED but still keyboard won't wake my laptop from sleep.

I've completed the BIOS instruction too, and HID Keyboard Device (001) is listed and enabled (See pic)

Locating Registry Key Path for "Allow this device to wake the computer" grayed out HID GATT... [​IMG]

I've also tried entering this command: powercfg -deviceenablewake "HID Keyboard Device (002)" and it doesn't work I get the following:
    C:\Users\Mahsa>powercfg -deviceenablewake "HID Keyboard Device (002)"Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error (0x490) has occurred: Element not found.

carcetti, Jul 9, 2020
  3. dw.ma Win User
    Problem with Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device (Code 10)

I've already tried it - doesn't work.

I don't have Delete the driver software for this device option when removing
    Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device.

dw.ma, Jul 9, 2020
  4. asus2016 Win User

Locating Registry Key Path for "Allow this device to wake the computer" grayed out HID GATT...

asus2016, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Locating Registry Key Path for "Allow this device to wake the computer" grayed out HID GATT...

1. Locating Registry Key Path for "Allow this device to wake the computer" grayed out HID GATT... - Similar Threads - Locating Registry Key

2. Bluetooth low energy GATT compliant HID device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth low energy GATT compliant HID device: Hello,I have been having problems using my controller and have tried updating the drivers with no luck. I noticed there is a problem with Bluetooth low energy GATT compliant HID device This device cannot start. Code 10 A non constant main item was declaired without a...
  3. Bluetooth low energy GATT compliant HID device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth low energy GATT compliant HID device: Hello,I have been having problems using my controller and have tried updating the drivers with no luck. I noticed there is a problem with Bluetooth low energy GATT compliant HID device This device cannot start. Code 10 A non constant main item was declaired without a...
  4. Bluetooth low energy GATT compliant HID device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location Services Disabled and Grayed out: Hi, I'm having a problem with location services being disabled. In Settings/Privacy/Location, "Allow access to location on this device" is off, and the "Change" button is grayed out. "Allow apps to access your location" is also set to "Off" and grayed out. Above everything,...
  6. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Location Services Disabled and Grayed out: Hi, I'm having a problem with location services being disabled. In Settings/Privacy/Location, "Allow access to location on this device" is off, and the "Change" button is grayed out. "Allow apps to access your location" is also set to "Off" and grayed out. Above everything,...
  7. "Allow this Device to Wake the Computer" Greyed Out - How do I enable it?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Allow this Device to Wake the Computer" Greyed Out - How do I enable it?: I'm the administrator of this PC and the only user. "Allow this Device to Wake the Computer" is greyed out on every single device on my system, which means I have no way of disabling wake timers caused by certain devices USB, mouse, etc.. I already tried enabling the core...
  8. Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device Code 10

Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device Code 10: Hello, I have a Microsoft ArcTouch SE Bluetooth mouse. I've been using it with my Alienware 15 for 3+ years now and only discovered a problem today. I followed some of the suggestions in this thread:...
  9. Location Services Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location Services Grayed Out: How do I turn on Location Services on my Windows 10 PC. I have tried many fixed from the Community but nothing has worked. Is there a real fix for this problem. Thank you. Richard...
  10. Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device

Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device: I also have problems with this device however I have no previous version of the driver to roll back to. I have just purchased and AirTurn Pedal and it will not function on any of the 2 laptops that I have access to. All get the same "Device cannot Start (Code 10) error. Do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device manager allow this device to wake the computer greyed out