Windows 10: Locating Win 10 Product Key

Discus and support Locating Win 10 Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Product Key but I can't "reveal" the ID in-order to re-enable it as a genuine copy and as it was on the computer itself; it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rynam3, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Rynam3 Win User

Locating Win 10 Product Key

I have a Windows 10 Product Key but I can't "reveal" the ID in-order to re-enable it as a genuine copy and as it was on the computer itself; it has since rubbed off from frequent military transfer from base to base.

Well, I want to be able to find this Product Key in-order to use it on my recently upgraded Computer that was upgraded from Windows 7 (and offered a free Win 10 upgrade-and wasn't any longer available unfortunately). As I recently bought this Product Key and barley used it due to deployment blah blah blah I didn't really feel like buying two for only one computer ultimately.

:)

Rynam3, Jan 13, 2019

2. Locating windows 10 product key

How to locate windows 10 product key? my hp notepad had Windows 10 preinstalled when I purchased it (Its a legal copy). Cant find the product key listed on packaging. .. Is there a copy of the product key in my computer files? Where can I find it?

JodieLee22, Jan 13, 2019
  3. JimWynne Win User
    LOCATE ACTIVATION KEY

The key discovered by keyfinder apps such as the one DaveM121 suggested might not be helpful. Why are you interested in retrieving the product key?

JimWynne, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Locating Win 10 Product Key

Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Oscar,

Since the laptop has no battery compartment wherein the product key is usually located, we recommend that you follow these steps to find your Windows product key:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and hit Enter.

Also, if you're looking to reinstall Windows 10 after a hardware replacement, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if performing these steps resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Locating Win 10 Product Key

1. Locating Win 10 Product Key - Similar Threads - Locating Product Key

2. Win 10 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 product key: I have an HP laptop, I have installed Linux Ubuntu for the final year Engineering project, and a few days ago GRUB menu is corrupted, then Linux got corrupted, and now Windows too, so the question is can I extract the product key without accessing the windows. There are some...
  3. Win 10 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 product key: I have an HP laptop, I have installed Linux Ubuntu for the final year Engineering project, and a few days ago GRUB menu is corrupted, then Linux got corrupted, and now Windows too, so the question is can I extract the product key without accessing the windows. There are some...
  4. Win 10 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 product key: Why we able to find win 10 product key with cmd and this is legally true https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-product-key/87359acb-6006-4ad0-a1aa-165b130dec91
  6. Product key location

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Product key location: My Windows 10 desktop crashed. I'm getting to the advanced repair options menu. I've got my data extracted. I've tried resetting Windows 10 with or without losing my files, tried restore points, undoing updates, checking the health of the hard drive and doing repairs in the...
  7. where is product key located

where is product key located: were is my product key located https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-product-key-located/034fd3a2-f715-477c-87bc-8903847b2ee2"
  8. were is product key located

were is product key located: were is my product key located https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/were-is-product-key-located/034fd3a2-f715-477c-87bc-8903847b2ee2"
  9. Product Key can't be located

Product Key can't be located: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 computer (which included replacing the motherboard) and windows is not reactivating. I no longer have my product key but thought I could find it on my computer since it is still installed. I checked each hard drive and none seemed to have my...
  10. Product key for Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product key for Win 10: I converted from Windows 7 to the free version of Windows 10 home. Can I get a product key for Windows 10? Replacing a drive and I need to do a cold start on it. Old drive won't clone to new one....