Windows 10: Location file

Discus and support Location file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, For the past 4/5 months, i got notification about update.everytime i installed, file wont show in the correct location, where they were. With... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nikovit, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Nikovit Win User

Location file

Hi,

For the past 4/5 months, i got notification about update.everytime i installed, file wont show in the correct location, where they were. With today, ive just restarted my laptop, and all files disappeared.i need a big help, because all the files were important for my job.

Thanks

:)

Nikovit, Sep 17, 2020

2. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 17, 2020
  3. How to change location of MSI????.tmp file

Hi,

You may change the location of the .tmp file by following the steps provided below:

• Go to This PC.
    • Right-click This PC, and then select Advanced System Setting.
    • Click Environment Variables.
    • Under system variable, double-click tmp and change the path for the file of your reference.

If the location still can't be changed, we suggest that you post it on our
    MSDN forum
    . We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

Feel free to contact us if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Sep 17, 2020
  4. DCEd Win User

Location file

How do I locate/ extract the imagex.exe file?

To try and keep a long story as short as possible:

I'm trying to install Win 10 on an external SSD, which I can boot on my MacBook Pro.

To complete the installation I have downloaded:
    - install.esd and converted it to install.wim
    - Windows 10 Pro ISO from Microsoft
    - Boot Camp drivers from Apple

The final piece of the puzzle is to complete this step:

• Windows AIK (free) running on your Virtual Machine or on your PC, or just the imagex.exe file (the rest of the Windows AIK package is not needed)

This is to complete this final stage of the installation:

Step 3: Deploy the Windows installation image

1. Still using the command prompt in admin mode (you didn't close it, did you? *Wink ), locate the imagex.exe file mentioned in the "What you'll need" section and access its folder. In our example, we have put this file in C:\imagex\imagex.exe
    2. Your Windows installation ISO has probably several installation options in it. So in order to identify the right one, type in the following:imagex.exe /info C:\wim\install.wim
    3. Now identify the INDEX number of the installation that you wish to deploy. You will use it in the next step.
    4. Type the following and hit enter. Replace 1 with the INDEX you identified in the previous step. Also remember to replace o: with the letter you have chosen in the previous step:imagex.exe /apply C:\wim\install.wim 1 o:
      This will take some time. The Windows installation image is being deployed to your external drive
    5. Once done, type the following to create the boot section (remember to replace o: and b: with the letters you've chosen in the previous step)Location file :eek::\windows\system32\bcdboot o:\windows /f ALL /s b:

I'm doing this on a Toshiba Laptop running Windows 7.
      I've also purchased a genuine license for Windows 10 Pro.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Thema:

Location file

1. Location file - Similar Threads - Location file

2. Win 10. Location of a dump file after BSOD ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10. Location of a dump file after BSOD ?: Win 10. I'm looking for the dmp file after the BSOD. I can't find any *.dmp file or Minidump/memory folder even if I confirm showing hidden system files. Does this mean that my Win 10 does not create them ? Thanks....
  3. Win 10. Location of a dump file after BSOD ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10. Location of a dump file after BSOD ?: Win 10. I'm looking for the dmp file after the BSOD. I can't find any *.dmp file or Minidump/memory folder even if I confirm showing hidden system files. Does this mean that my Win 10 does not create them ? Thanks....
  4. Win 10. Location of a dump file after BSOD ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Change Windows 11 default file scan location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows 11 default file scan location: I have Windows 11. My scanner automatically saves scans to OneDrive, but I want to save them locally on my PC.This article claims to show how to do it:...
  6. Change Windows 11 default file scan location

Change Windows 11 default file scan location: I have Windows 11. My scanner automatically saves scans to OneDrive, but I want to save them locally on my PC.This article claims to show how to do it:...
  7. File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment

File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment: I run molecular dynamics simulations on my local machine, use a virtual Linux environment on my Windows PC. I store both the MD software source code and all of my simulation files on my Desktop. Since allowing OneDrive to sync my files, I am completely unable to locate my...
  8. File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment: I run molecular dynamics simulations on my local machine, use a virtual Linux environment on my Windows PC. I store both the MD software source code and all of my simulation files on my Desktop. Since allowing OneDrive to sync my files, I am completely unable to locate my...
  9. File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. W11 - Saving Programme and Files to Specified Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 - Saving Programme and Files to Specified Locations: I've installed a boating app - the Dutch ANWB Waterkaarten - and there is no custom option to specify file location. So I installed it and the programme was installed on C drive in Programmes and User data folders.I uninstalled the app and changed the Windows default file...