Windows 10: Location for windows 10 installed background image files

Discus and support Location for windows 10 installed background image files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. Since updating to win 10 creator, I can no longer find the image files that windows offers to customise the desktop background. I used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by deemby, Jul 31, 2017.

1. deemby Win User

Location for windows 10 installed background image files

Hi. Since updating to win 10 creator, I can no longer find the image files that windows offers to customise the desktop background. I used to personalise them by photoshopping my family into the scenes but the files now seem to be hidden. Incidentally, I was blown away by the stuff Stephanie has done and has got me thinking about starting from scratch, but one step at a time

:)

deemby, Jul 31, 2017

2. why can't I make my background show pictures

Where are the files located? The Windows 10 RTM Personalization has (needless) troubles with certain locations such as network and network-area/synchronized locations. What happens when you try to select them, such as by right-clicking upon an image
    and choosing "Set as desktop background"?

zachd [MSFT], Jul 31, 2017
  3. maan5656 Win User
    Windows 10 lock screen image is not changing

When i install windows 10. Image100 was the default image for my lock screen and login screen background too. Then i changed my lock screen background with another image which was located in pictures library of windows and it works perfect till i change
    lock screen background image to slideshow.

Slideshow runs after a minute or two when i lock my PC. But when i power-on or press any key on lock screen, it changes background and shows my previous image background. Even i delete the image from pictures library.

Isn't it is error of windows?

maan5656, Jul 31, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

The standard images supplied with Windows 10 for the desktop (and lock screen) are in the sub-folders of C:\Windows\Web.

If you are going to make custom images for the desktop, it is best to leave the images in C:\Windows\Web unaltered, instead take copies of them and save them to another folder under your Pictures folder (say, 'Wallpaper'). You can modify these copies without fear of loosing them later. When choosing the desktop wallpaper you can browse and use images from any folder, not just the stock images supplied by Microsoft.
    Change Desktop Background in Windows 10

The C:\Windows\Web folder is part of the Windows installation, as such its contents may be cleared and/or changed by an upgrade.

If the upgrade to Creators has removed your modified images from Web, they may be found under Windows.old for the next 10 days after the upgrade, after which Windows.old will automatically be deleted.

5. deemby Win User
    Hi Bree. Thanks for quick response. The pictures that I want (footpaths) appear in a themes album that I am using at the moment but they are not in windows\web.

deemby, Jul 31, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Try looking in %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Location for windows 10 installed background image files - Similar Threads - Location installed background

2. Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?: I've been trying to find it in my files, so far I have tried:C:\Windows\InfusedApps\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6002.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\images\ - "InfusedApps" doesn't exist for me when I search in...
  3. Windows background image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows background image: I have got used to Windows resetting the background image after an update which is just an annoyance.But it also defaults to picking some random images from my recent pictures before I log in and uses them.What if it found some "private" images on the computer and they were...
  4. Windows background image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows background image: I have got used to Windows resetting the background image after an update which is just an annoyance.But it also defaults to picking some random images from my recent pictures before I log in and uses them.What if it found some "private" images on the computer and they were...
  5. Default image file and location

in Windows 10 Support
    Default image file and location: Windows 10 Version 2004 When trying to save a picture, the default is png and it's not in a default file location. How can I set the default to jpg and set a default file location? Would I have to do a registry hack? Thanks in advance 181533
  6. windows 10 background image ???

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 background image ???: Türkçe Merhaba, Windows 10 arka planıma bernie sanders'in png formatında bir fotoğraf yükledim. 2 arka plan pozisyonunda arka plan otomatik dolduruluyor. Orjinal fotoğraf bilgisayarımda yok. Bu nasıl olabilir? İngilizce Hello there, I uploaded a photo in png format...
  7. Background -> Picture: sees image files. Background -> Slideshow: does not see image files.

Background -> Picture: sees image files. Background -> Slideshow: does not see image files.: I have had problems with Background settings for a long time. Now it is worse than ever since the cummulative December update using Windows 10 Pro. I want to use slideshow picking random images from a random folder in a folder hierarchy like giving the computers Picture...
  8. Windows 10 default background images

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 default background images: Hi, Just wondering if anyone has come across standard background images being updated in Windows 10 to include something a little disturbing see below, second tile along. [ATTACH] First came across this on my daughter's laptop a few weeks ago, she started it up one...
  9. where is the directory/path location for "lock screen" and "background" images on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where is the directory/path location for "lock screen" and "background" images on windows 10?: I right click the desktop, click personalize, and on both the background and lock screen tab it says "Choose your picture" and underneath are 5 images for each. i want to find these images but i cant??...
  10. How do I locate my background image file?

How do I locate my background image file?: Can someone help me? I have an image as my background that I would like to locate (the original file) on my computer in order save for later....