Windows 10: Location grayed

Discus and support Location grayed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 . Location change is grayed. I can't turn location on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rwg47, Jul 26, 2021.

1. rwg47 Win User

Location grayed

Windows 10 . Location change is grayed. I can't turn location on

:)

rwg47, Jul 26, 2021
  2. KingPete Win User

Location Settings are grayed out on Windows 10

This did not solve my issue with the Grayed out Cortana on Location Settings.

Any other Suggestions?

Thanks

KingPete, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Location icon grayed out and not working in windows 10 creators update

We suggest that you check if the following service is enabled to activate the Location icon:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type service.msc in the Run dialog box and select
      Services.
    • Right-click on Windows Location Framework Service and click
      Stop
    • Once done, right-click again on Windows Location Framework Service and click
      Start.
    • If the service is enabled, try disabling and re-enabling and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Erika Aro, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Location grayed

Location grayed out...Geolocation service is running

Hi Ming,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any hardware/software changes prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided by junaidsyed333 from the link below and check if it helps.

Location icon is greyed out in windows 10

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

Location grayed

1. Location grayed - Similar Threads - Location grayed

2. Are ther any fixes toward the Solidworks PDM Adress bar that freezes at the location of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are ther any fixes toward the Solidworks PDM Adress bar that freezes at the location of the...: After the last update of 23 April 2024, I realized that I could not see my address bar path while in File Vault.When I browse normally, it works fine.For example, it should show the following: "This PC > Solidworks V: > PDM > Library..."But it Only Shows the following: This...
  3. Are ther any fixes toward the Solidworks PDM Adress bar that freezes at the location of the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are ther any fixes toward the Solidworks PDM Adress bar that freezes at the location of the...: After the last update of 23 April 2024, I realized that I could not see my address bar path while in File Vault.When I browse normally, it works fine.For example, it should show the following: "This PC > Solidworks V: > PDM > Library..."But it Only Shows the following: This...
  4. Cannot use recent locations list to change directories

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use recent locations list to change directories: Several times per day, Windows Explorer will have a problem where I can show the list of recent locations by pressing Ctrl+L or clicking the address bar, but when I try to click one of the locations or type one manually, it does nothing. There is no consistency in what I'm...
  5. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location Services Disabled and Grayed out: Hi, I'm having a problem with location services being disabled. In Settings/Privacy/Location, "Allow access to location on this device" is off, and the "Change" button is grayed out. "Allow apps to access your location" is also set to "Off" and grayed out. Above everything,...
  6. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location Services Disabled and Grayed out: Hi, I'm having a problem with location services being disabled. In Settings/Privacy/Location, "Allow access to location on this device" is off, and the "Change" button is grayed out. "Allow apps to access your location" is also set to "Off" and grayed out. Above everything,...
  7. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows Locations and Sensors are Grayed Out and Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Locations and Sensors are Grayed Out and Not Working: Some time ago, after the last major Windows update, I was unable to get my laptop to re-orient itself when in tablet mode. This is a problem that the sensors seem to not be enabled. I've checked in the registry and made sure they were enabled. When I go to the Privacy...
  9. Locating Registry Key Path for "Allow this device to wake the computer" grayed out HID GATT...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Locating Registry Key Path for "Allow this device to wake the computer" grayed out HID GATT...: I am conducting my own Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard troubleshooting. So far, I am partially on the way to possibly having this fixed through my own means, but I am trying to broaden a RegKey modification to see if it resolves my issue. To the point. My computer by default...
  10. Location Services Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location Services Grayed Out: How do I turn on Location Services on my Windows 10 PC. I have tried many fixed from the Community but nothing has worked. Is there a real fix for this problem. Thank you. Richard...