Windows 10: Location is Always Wrong..

Discus and support Location is Always Wrong.. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 is always wrong on my location by 50 miles.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NolanMcElyea, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Location is Always Wrong..

Windows 10 is always wrong on my location by 50 miles.

:)

NolanMcElyea, Oct 17, 2018

2. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 18, 2018
  3. cortana , wrong location

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1

Firstly, I suggest you to check the region settings. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key +W.
    • Type Region & click on Region & language settings.
    • Check if the region selected in correct.
    Method 2

Turn off and on the Location settings. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W.
    • Type Location and click on Location settings.
    • Turn Off and then turn the location On and check if issue persists.
    Method 3

Ensure that Date and Time set correctly and check the issue status.

• Press Windows key + W and type Date and Time.
    • Select Set Date and Time.
    • Click on Change Date and Time Button to change date and time.
    • Click on Change Time Zone button to change Time Zone
    • Save the changes and check the issue status.

Method 4

Synchronize their system clock with Internet Time and check if it helps.

• Click the Date and Time display on the Task bar followed by Change date and time settings.
    • Click on Internet time tab.
    • In the Internet Time Settings window, mark the check box with label as Synchronize with an internet time server and specify the server name.
    • Save the changes by clicking on Ok.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Ruth Buruga, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Location is Always Wrong..

Wrong location

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate, if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

• Are you getting the location on any website?

When you connect to the internet through service provider, you are usually connected by them, to a router.... It is the location of the router that shows up as your location.

This is because this is where your IP Address is being sent to the rest of the world.

I would suggest you to contact your Internet Service provider to check if you can access the exact location.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Location is Always Wrong..

1. Location is Always Wrong.. - Similar Threads - Location Always Wrong

2. Location is wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location is wrong: I'm assuming that Google Maps and similar apps which I use with Firefox use the Windows Location settings. My location has been incorrect for awhile off by several miles. I've tried to fix this, but haven't resolved the problem. How do I get Windows to recognize my EXACT...
  3. Location is wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location is wrong: I'm assuming that Google Maps and similar apps which I use with Firefox use the Windows Location settings. My location has been incorrect for awhile off by several miles. I've tried to fix this, but haven't resolved the problem. How do I get Windows to recognize my EXACT...
  4. Location wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location wrong: I've recently moved house to a completely different part of the country. On my desktop PC not laptop, no GPS, my location is being detected incorrectly when using maps, or other location services on websites.I have edited my 'Default Location' to no avail. On further...
  5. Location wrong

Location wrong: I've recently moved house to a completely different part of the country. On my desktop PC not laptop, no GPS, my location is being detected incorrectly when using maps, or other location services on websites.I have edited my 'Default Location' to no avail. On further...
  6. Location wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Wrong Location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong Location.: Since upgrading to Windows 11 my laptop now thinks it is in Toronto. Whenever I access anything I get prices, etc in Canadian Dollars and some US websites won't load. I have checked all the settings for time zone and region and it is all correct.How can I convince Windows 11...
  8. Wrong Location.

Wrong Location.: Since upgrading to Windows 11 my laptop now thinks it is in Toronto. Whenever I access anything I get prices, etc in Canadian Dollars and some US websites won't load. I have checked all the settings for time zone and region and it is all correct.How can I convince Windows 11...
  9. wrong location

wrong location: Hi all, This is to report that my device shows me the wrong location and so the time zone sets to china automatically while the device is in India, I changed the time zone back to India but upon restarting it ,again it sets to china. So that I have to turn off "Set...
  10. wrong location

wrong location: once I open my browser its open wrong location and I have changed so many times but after few minutes its back to same as previously https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/wrong-location/e7f9044d-b83f-4914-872b-32c978165309