Windows 10: Location is not accessible. Access is denied. USB portable hard drive.

Discus and support Location is not accessible. Access is denied. USB portable hard drive. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134) on a 3 month old HP Z Book laptop. I'm trying to use an external hard drive (HP 500 GB) that worked this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdwardDelaney1, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Location is not accessible. Access is denied. USB portable hard drive.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134) on a 3 month old HP Z Book laptop.

I'm trying to use an external hard drive (HP 500 GB) that worked this morning. I'm now getting an error: Location is not available. Access is denied.

I see this is a longstanding problem, going back to Windows 7 from a quick web search. The suggested fix of restoring the default location in desktop properties didn't work. Other suggestions of buying someone's software to copy the data off and then reformat seem absurd.

How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks.

ED

:)

EdwardDelaney1, Nov 29, 2018

2. Access denied

Whenever I connect any pendrive or hard disk it says access denied for pen drive I googled got the solution for pendrive but I need to follow the steps everytime I connect give me the permanent solution and steps for hard drive access denied

krishnamagaji, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Location is not available F:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. External hard drive

Hi,

Most of the time, when your external hard drive shows that error message, it suggests that you don’t have the privilege of accessing to the disk partition. We need to get a permit to take ownership of the drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click your hard drive, then select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click Advanced, then select Edit.
    • On the Owner tab, modify the ownership of the specified account.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Location is not accessible. Access is denied. USB portable hard drive.

Access denied folder

why can't i ecxess all my folders on my portable hard drive when i plug it into my other computer? access denied. i have windows 10. i've tried all the suggestions offerd. i have one folder i can't access on this computer. no matter what i do.

MarshallWesley Jr, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Location is not accessible. Access is denied. USB portable hard drive.

1. Location is not accessible. Access is denied. USB portable hard drive. - Similar Threads - Location accessible Access

2. External Hard Drive Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Access Denied: My external hard drive stopped working from one day to the next. The only changes I made to my system is that I let windows update run when I turned off my computer the day before. The next day when starting my computer it said "no master boot record found" or something...
  3. External Hard Drive - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive - Access Denied: I have always taken a backup onto an external hard drive every few weeks. The drive recently stopped working with an "Access Denied" error when I browse to it in explorer.I have a second new external drive and get the same problem.From disk manager, i deleted the volume,...
  4. External Hard Drive - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive - Access Denied: I have always taken a backup onto an external hard drive every few weeks. The drive recently stopped working with an "Access Denied" error when I browse to it in explorer.I have a second new external drive and get the same problem.From disk manager, i deleted the volume,...
  5. External hard drive access denied

External hard drive access denied: I cannot access my external hard drive. I was able to previously, after creating a new volume using Disk Management. I moved about 500GB of personal data and since I was able to access it, I deleted the original copy, so what's in the drive is the only copy of the data and I...
  6. Access denied when accessing to USB drive

Access denied when accessing to USB drive: Hello Support, I have been trying to access a USB drive on Windows 10, but have been greeted with the 'Access Denied' message. Best regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-when-accessing-to-usb-drive/6868d2d8-e022-4279-8182-214be97a481b
  7. Portable hard drive and accessing files

Portable hard drive and accessing files: I have located my portable hard drive on my laptop Windows 10, but I'm struggling to locate the files. I've tried the "hidden files" option but all I see is my hard drive icon. Can anyone help me to view the files? Thanks...
  8. Portable hard drive visible but not accessible

Portable hard drive visible but not accessible: Hey tech wizards! A Seagate freeagent go successfully accessed five days ago now shows up in file explorer as the Local Disk D: and Windows 10 dings when attached via USB. Selecting the drive produces the circle of death and progress bar in file explorer's drive path. In...
  9. External Hard Drive Access Denied

External Hard Drive Access Denied: I am not able to access my external HDD at all. It's a seagate 2TB 9SF2A8-500, if that helps? I keep getting this message saying "Location is not available" "F:\ is not accessible. Access Denied". I feel like I've tried everything! [ATTACH] This started happening with...
  10. Hard Drive Access is denied issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive Access is denied issue.: first its giving error ( F:\ is not accessible the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable ) i try this cmd (chkdsk /f f:) https://windowsreport.com/access-is-denied-windows-10/ and now i'm getting new error (Access is denied) i changed its Owners permissions and my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. location is not accessable usb