Windows 10: Location is not available after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Location is not available after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This morning there was a notification that the system was performing an update.After a number of hours the same message was still showing. After a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amadain, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Amadain Win User

Location is not available after Windows 10 update

This morning there was a notification that the system was performing an update.After a number of hours the same message was still showing.

After a hard reset there is a Location is not available message.C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable.

The laptop is

Toshiba Satellite S50-B-12Z 15.6-inch Notebook (Metal) - (Intel Core i7-4510U 2.0 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 2 GB AMD R7 Graphics, Windows 8.1 upgraded to Windows 10)

The only thing on the screen is a Recycle bin link.

The clock as been reset to the month/date/year format from the previous date/month/year format.

The link to shut down/Restart is unresponsive.

:)

Amadain, Feb 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Feb 17, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Feb 17, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Location is not available after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Location available update

2. LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE :WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE :WINDOWS 10: Hi, I recently resetkeep files my windows 10 Home HP laptop. After the installation and preparation was complete. Windows welcomed me with a black screen and an error message: "Location is not available" I can't access my files. Please help......
  3. LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE :WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE :WINDOWS 10: Hi, I recently resetkeep files my windows 10 Home HP laptop. After the installation and preparation was complete. Windows welcomed me with a black screen and an error message: "Location is not available" I can't access my files. Please help......
  4. LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE :WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. location is not available after being shared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    location is not available after being shared: I have two laptops one is operated on Windows 10 and the other on Windows 11. I connected both with a direct LAN cable then specified some folders to be shared with everyone on one of them and I copied them into the other laptop. The folder size is 490 GB and after 4 hours it...
  6. location is not available after being shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    location is not available after being shared: I have two laptops one is operated on Windows 10 and the other on Windows 11. I connected both with a direct LAN cable then specified some folders to be shared with everyone on one of them and I copied them into the other laptop. The folder size is 490 GB and after 4 hours it...
  7. 'Location not available' after uninstalling program.

'Location not available' after uninstalling program.: I am having difficulty installing a program. On uninstall I get file explorer with 2 identical error messages stating the start menu folder is not available... ? This is a brand new Windows 10 pro installation on a new SSD and this is maybe the 5th program I've installed....
  8. Windows 10: Error "Location is Not Available...

Windows 10: Error "Location is Not Available...: When I started up my computer and log in I receive the "Location is Not Available C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop" error, so I went online on one of my other devices and find an answer and I am unable to fix it because whenever I try to open a window outside...
  9. Is Pointer Location available in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Pointer Location available in Windows 10: On previous versions of Windows I used to use the ctrl key plus another (can't remember) to show pointer location. Is this available in Windows 10? 69054
  10. "location is not available" Windows 10 Error

in Windows 10 Support
    "location is not available" Windows 10 Error: Hi, Can anyone advise on what's causing the following? It happens about once a week at the moment when I first boot up (from cold). Once it happens, I'm left without a desktop so have to shut down. When I reboot all my icon locations have been reset which is rather...