Windows 10: Location is not available (downloads)

Discus and support Location is not available (downloads) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi I recieve this message when trying to access my downloads folder. I've tried resetting the path to default, replacing child object... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PurpleMan69420, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Location is not available (downloads)

Location is not available (downloads) 3e0cdc7a-5fe2-4797-b2b7-ad866cc71178?upload=true.png

Hi I recieve this message when trying to access my downloads folder.

I've tried resetting the path to default, replacing child object permissions, and denying/reallowing read and write permissions.

I've ran sfc scan, found nothing. I've checked my hdd using the default scan in windows, found nothing. I double checked that all the cords are still plugged into my hdd.

This all happened shortly after a strange crash. My disc usage was up very high and my pc crashed. I simply used disc clean up and it went back down as expected.

Any suggestions? I'm still not sure if it's a permissions/hdd/pathing issue.

:)

PurpleMan69420, Feb 20, 2019

2. Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

Hi Gokul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

• Right Click on Downloads folder.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Select Location tab.
    • Click on Move and choose your location.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Feb 20, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Gokul GR Win User

Location is not available (downloads)

Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

But the problem is whenever I click the properties of Downloads
    folder, it is showing the properties dialog box of E-drive partition. How could I solve this?

Gokul GR, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Location is not available (downloads)

1. Location is not available (downloads) - Similar Threads - Location available downloads

2. Location is not available for the folders in download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location is not available for the folders in download: So this error has been with me for a long time and several times, at first I have tried resetting my pc but eventually didn’t work, and just today this problem came to again when I wanted to open something in the C:/Download folder, most of the folders just got completely...
  3. Location is not available for the folders in download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location is not available for the folders in download: So this error has been with me for a long time and several times, at first I have tried resetting my pc but eventually didn’t work, and just today this problem came to again when I wanted to open something in the C:/Download folder, most of the folders just got completely...
  4. Location not available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location not available: I recently installed windows 10 via boot pendrive. Everything is normal and then suddenly when I tried to close Android studio All files and software which I installed are gone. I execute explore.exe and got file explorer but download shows location not available. Finally I...
  5. Location not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location not available: I recently installed windows 10 via boot pendrive. Everything is normal and then suddenly when I tried to close Android studio All files and software which I installed are gone. I execute explore.exe and got file explorer but download shows location not available. Finally I...
  6. Location is not available. Downloads is unavailble. If the location is in this PC............

Location is not available. Downloads is unavailble. If the location is in this PC............: Send help please. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-is-not-available-downloads-is-unavailble/d849f3aa-d8ac-4e69-8f0e-c73e6509a074
  7. No Download location available for JW Library

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Download location available for JW Library: In my Lenovo laptop Model E-45 after Windows update it shows "No Download Location Available." Please help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-download-location-available-for-jw-library/731a8c09-eb51-4216-9986-e7b5effd5618
  8. JW library showing no download location available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    JW library showing no download location available: go to settings on the app and where there is usually the folders where all the media is downladed says extacly the same thing. it does let me stream the file but not download, please help!...
  9. Location is not available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Location is not available: Hi i am getting a c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable etc etc etc what do i do. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-is-not-available/06728869-1940-46a5-8877-4932471fd192
  10. Location is not available

Location is not available: Please help, I can't access my external hard drive, it says G:\ is not accessible. The file directory is corrupted and unreadable. Pls. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-is-not-available/3f78e080-c75c-455a-b63f-3821ff20743d"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download location not available

2. says download location not available to download from an app

3. download newtekie1