Windows 10: Location is not available error

Discus and support Location is not available error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Could use some advice on this please. Some time ago I made a folder, which is subdivided into lots of other folders, where I keep all of my uni work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlottePage1, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Location is not available error

Could use some advice on this please.

Some time ago I made a folder, which is subdivided into lots of other folders, where I keep all of my uni work.

I noticed a while back that a duplicate folder (with lengthy code going something like DESKTOP-472H86F-DESKTOP... after the original file name)

About half of the work had been moved to the new folder, and half remained where it was. Now I have about twelve of these, which has become rather frustrating in itself, but now a new folder with a slightly different name has appeared, and pretty much everything has been moved to that. When I try to open it, I get an error message about the location not being available - it says to check my network / internet, which I have and all is fine.

If anyone can help I'd be super grateful, as I now can't access my work (although luckily, most of it is backed up)

Thank you Location is not available error :)

:)

CharlottePage1, Nov 21, 2019
  2. KieX Win User

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Location is not available error

Quick Access - "Location is not available"

Have just done Windows 10 update from 8.1 - very smooth well done MS!

Have encountered one small problem. In Windows Explorer have discovered "Quick Access" list. Clicking on one folder gives pop-up box "Location is not available" . Displays path which does not exist plus some suggestions as to what might have happened. If
    I right click on folder in list and select "Remove from Quick Access" nothing happens.

How do I get rid of this folder from the list?

Adagio-of-Wight, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Location is not available error

1. Location is not available error - Similar Threads - Location available error

2. Location not available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location not available: I recently installed windows 10 via boot pendrive. Everything is normal and then suddenly when I tried to close Android studio All files and software which I installed are gone. I execute explore.exe and got file explorer but download shows location not available. Finally I...
  3. Location not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location not available: I recently installed windows 10 via boot pendrive. Everything is normal and then suddenly when I tried to close Android studio All files and software which I installed are gone. I execute explore.exe and got file explorer but download shows location not available. Finally I...
  4. Location not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Location is not available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Location is not available: Hi i am getting a c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable etc etc etc what do i do. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-is-not-available/06728869-1940-46a5-8877-4932471fd192
  6. Location is not available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Location is not available: Hi, I have a Surface Book 2 which upon power on come up with "Preparing Windows" as if's used for the first time (which is not the case as it has been working for months with no issues). Once it get to the "desktop", the error...
  7. Location is not available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location is not available: Please help, I can't access my external hard drive, it says G:\ is not accessible. The file directory is corrupted and unreadable. Pls. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-is-not-available/3f78e080-c75c-455a-b63f-3821ff20743d"
  8. Windows 10: Error "Location is Not Available...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Error "Location is Not Available...: When I started up my computer and log in I receive the "Location is Not Available C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop" error, so I went online on one of my other devices and find an answer and I am unable to fix it because whenever I try to open a window outside...
  9. Location is not available error

in Windows 10 Support
    Location is not available error: So i was looking at stuff on the internet and found this picture i wanted to save to a file but the file just isn't there anymore but in the quick access i clicked on where it said the location was and got an error some help please? [img] 97025
  10. "location is not available" Windows 10 Error

in Windows 10 Support
    "location is not available" Windows 10 Error: Hi, Can anyone advise on what's causing the following? It happens about once a week at the moment when I first boot up (from cold). Once it happens, I'm left without a desktop so have to shut down. When I reboot all my icon locations have been reset which is rather...