Windows 10: Location is not available for the folders in download

Discus and support Location is not available for the folders in download in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So this error has been with me for a long time and several times, at first I have tried resetting my pc but eventually didn’t work, and just today this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by aniou, Feb 4, 2023.

1. aniou Win User

Location is not available for the folders in download

So this error has been with me for a long time and several times, at first I have tried resetting my pc but eventually didn’t work, and just today this problem came to again when I wanted to open something in the C:/Download folder, most of the folders just got completely lost with only a few accessible folder left , and I have tried finding the lost ones but when I click on it it shows to me Location is unavailable" with the text "C\users\aniou\Download\setups is unavaliable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try

:)

aniou, Feb 4, 2023

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 4, 2023
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Feb 4, 2023
  4. Location is not available for the folders in download

Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

Hi Gokul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

• Right Click on Downloads folder.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Select Location tab.
    • Click on Move and choose your location.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

Location is not available for the folders in download

1. Location is not available for the folders in download - Similar Threads - Location available folders

2. Location not available, Folder was deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location not available, Folder was deleted: Hi,Im on Window 11.I deleted a game folder previously and I'm not sure if i have deleted the game or the game folder, because it still appears on my disk but when i try to open it, the dialog box says as shown in the image attached. and when i try to delete it says "This is...
  3. Location not available, Folder was deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location not available, Folder was deleted: Hi,Im on Window 11.I deleted a game folder previously and I'm not sure if i have deleted the game or the game folder, because it still appears on my disk but when i try to open it, the dialog box says as shown in the image attached. and when i try to delete it says "This is...
  4. Location not available, Folder was deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problems with the downloads folder location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with the downloads folder location.: I tried to move my downloads folder to drive D but did not create a downloads directory in advance. Now all downloads go to the D root directory. I tried to reverse the process to the C drive but it won't let me. Now the D drive location says all files are being stored on the...
  6. Problems with the downloads folder location.

Problems with the downloads folder location.: I tried to move my downloads folder to drive D but did not create a downloads directory in advance. Now all downloads go to the D root directory. I tried to reverse the process to the C drive but it won't let me. Now the D drive location says all files are being stored on the...
  7. Location is not available for the folders in download

Location is not available for the folders in download: So this error has been with me for a long time and several times, at first I have tried resetting my pc but eventually didn’t work, and just today this problem came to again when I wanted to open something in the C:/Download folder, most of the folders just got completely...
  8. Location is not available. Downloads is unavailble. If the location is in this PC............

Location is not available. Downloads is unavailble. If the location is in this PC............: Send help please. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-is-not-available-downloads-is-unavailble/d849f3aa-d8ac-4e69-8f0e-c73e6509a074
  9. No Download location available for JW Library

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Download location available for JW Library: In my Lenovo laptop Model E-45 after Windows update it shows "No Download Location Available." Please help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-download-location-available-for-jw-library/731a8c09-eb51-4216-9986-e7b5effd5618
  10. Location is not available (downloads)

Location is not available (downloads): [ATTACH] Hi I recieve this message when trying to access my downloads folder. I've tried resetting the path to default, replacing child object permissions, and denying/reallowing read and write permissions. I've ran sfc scan, found nothing. I've checked my hdd using the...