Windows 10: Location is not available

Discus and support Location is not available in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows Explorer, I see three available drive locations: Local Disk C:,DATA D: and Local Disk G:. While C: andD: seem to work just fine, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Red159, Sep 16, 2020 at 11:02 AM.

1. Red159 Win User

Location is not available

In Windows Explorer, I see three available drive locations: Local Disk C:,DATA D: and Local Disk G:. While C: andD: seem to work just fine, when I click on G: I see the following message:

Location is not available e660c01b-393b-4795-8067-d8212383ad5c?upload=true.png

The drive itself seems to be 0 bytes in size and contains no data.

Location is not available 53e9c4bc-1ef2-494a-86ef-0be92473b0a8?upload=true.png

How can I remove this drive letter from appearing in Windows Explorer?

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041

Thanks in advance.

Tony.

:)

2. newtekie1 Win User

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

3. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

Have just done Windows 10 update from 8.1 - very smooth well done MS!

Have encountered one small problem. In Windows Explorer have discovered "Quick Access" list. Clicking on one folder gives pop-up box "Location is not available" . Displays path which does not exist plus some suggestions as to what might have happened. If
    I right click on folder in list and select "Remove from Quick Access" nothing happens.

How do I get rid of this folder from the list?

Adagio-of-Wight, Sep 16, 2020 at 11:05 AM
  4. Location is not available

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 16, 2020 at 11:05 AM
Thema:

Location is not available

1. Location is not available - Similar Threads - Location available

2. Location is Not Available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location is Not Available: I have office 365 ProPlus on my Windows 10 desktop. I downloaded Apple iCloud a while back. I uinstalled it and and its gone. However, I have 4 folders in my window tree inside of my windows explorer has 4 folders called iCloud Photos. When I click on them it says...
  3. 'Location not available' after uninstalling program.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Location not available' after uninstalling program.: I am having difficulty installing a program. On uninstall I get file explorer with 2 identical error messages stating the start menu folder is not available... ? This is a brand new Windows 10 pro installation on a new SSD and this is maybe the 5th program I've installed....
  4. Location is not available

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Location is not available: I recently clean installed Win 10 Home. After installing all necessary updates and programs, i noticed a change. Whenever i extract a rar using winrar, the extracted files does not appear until i refresh it. Similarly if i delete a folder, it is still there and when i tried...
  5. Location not available after I reset my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Location not available after I reset my pc: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/louiu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gplr32/location_not_available_after_i_reset_my_pc/
  6. Indexing issue: drive is shown and "available" but never appears in "selected locations"...

Indexing issue: drive is shown and "available" but never appears in "selected locations"...: HELP! I have 3 SATA drives on my Windows 10, C: duh, all my data on D: and then a Temp drive T: All 3 are shown as options in the "Indexed Locations" box. Here is the kicker - if I select D: in selected location then T: is shown in the summary - if I select T: then T is...
  7. JW library showing no download location available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    JW library showing no download location available: go to settings on the app and where there is usually the folders where all the media is downladed says extacly the same thing. it does let me stream the file but not download, please help!...
  8. Location not available

in Windows 10 Support
    Location not available: Hi Switched on laptop yesterday, windows 10 update started automatically. Took about an hour then a power surge. Powered up the laptop again , got the log in screen for my pin but then screen goes blank except for continually flashing the "Location not available" window and...
  9. XXX:\OneDrive\Desktop is unavailable error upon startup. Location is not available. Please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    XXX:\OneDrive\Desktop is unavailable error upon startup. Location is not available. Please help: Hi I recently changed the default setup location of my OneDrive from then C drive to an external drive. I later changed my mind and unlinked the OneDrive account off the external drive and then deleted all the files from the external drive. My whenever I use the laptop...
  10. Location is not available

Location is not available: On my network is an Ubuntu computer mapped as letter "U", besides other things I use it to backup my wife's and my computers. I was doing some cleanup, deleting some files I no longer needed and all of sudden I get this error: [img] I can still access the Ubuntu computer...