Windows 10: Location is Not Available

Discus and support Location is Not Available in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have office 365 ProPlus on my Windows 10 desktop. I downloaded Apple iCloud a while back. I uinstalled it and and its gone. However, I have 4 folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrantleyClark, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Location is Not Available

I have office 365 ProPlus on my Windows 10 desktop. I downloaded Apple iCloud a while back. I uinstalled it and and its gone. However, I have 4 folders in my window tree inside of my windows explorer has 4 folders called iCloud Photos. When I click on them it says

C:\users\username\Network Drive\Pictures\Icloud photos\photos is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and try again. If the location is on a nework, make sure you're connected to the network or internet, adn then try again. If the location still can't be afound, it might have been moved or deleted.

When I go to the folder location the folder is there and empty. I need to delete this folder and I am unable to do so.

Please help.

Location is Not Available 77481cf9-b046-413f-a508-2f2a60248e2b?upload=true.png

:)

BrantleyClark, Sep 16, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

Have just done Windows 10 update from 8.1 - very smooth well done MS!

Have encountered one small problem. In Windows Explorer have discovered "Quick Access" list. Clicking on one folder gives pop-up box "Location is not available" . Displays path which does not exist plus some suggestions as to what might have happened. If
    I right click on folder in list and select "Remove from Quick Access" nothing happens.

How do I get rid of this folder from the list?

Adagio-of-Wight, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Location is Not Available

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Location is Not Available

1. Location is Not Available - Similar Threads - Location Available

2. Location is not available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location is not available.: One of my folders disappeared from my desktop. I dont know what wrong i have done but now it isnt there. i could find it in file explorer but i cant open it. it says that location is not available. I hope I can recover it. Will be very pleased with your help. And when I try...
  3. Location is not available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location is not available.: One of my folders disappeared from my desktop. I dont know what wrong i have done but now it isnt there. i could find it in file explorer but i cant open it. it says that location is not available. I hope I can recover it. Will be very pleased with your help. And when I try...
  4. Location is not available.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Location not available, Folder was deleted

Location not available, Folder was deleted: Hi,Im on Window 11.I deleted a game folder previously and I'm not sure if i have deleted the game or the game folder, because it still appears on my disk but when i try to open it, the dialog box says as shown in the image attached. and when i try to delete it says "This is...
  6. Location not available, Folder was deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location not available, Folder was deleted: Hi,Im on Window 11.I deleted a game folder previously and I'm not sure if i have deleted the game or the game folder, because it still appears on my disk but when i try to open it, the dialog box says as shown in the image attached. and when i try to delete it says "This is...
  7. Location not available, Folder was deleted

8. Location not available

Location not available: Hi,Im on Window 11.I deleted a game folder previously and I'm not sure if i have deleted the game or the game folder, because it still appears on my disk but when i try to open it, the dialog box says as shown in the image attached. and when i try to delete it says "This is...
  9. "Location is not available" problem. How do I recover my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Location is not available" problem. How do I recover my files?: My Documents folder disappeared. When I try to open it, it says:Location is not availableC:\Users\Profile\Documents is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted and then try again. If the location is on a...
  10. "Location is not available" problem. How do I recover my files?

"Location is not available" problem. How do I recover my files?: My Documents folder disappeared. When I try to open it, it says:Location is not availableC:\Users\Profile\Documents is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted and then try again. If the location is on a...