Windows 10: Location is not found.. if the location is on the pc error

Discus and support Location is not found.. if the location is on the pc error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As of just today, most folders and files from my Downloads section have disappeared-- when I try to click on the folders that appear in my sidebar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sellabi, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Sellabi Win User

Location is not found.. if the location is on the pc error

As of just today, most folders and files from my Downloads section have disappeared--

when I try to click on the folders that appear in my sidebar that are from Downloads, it tells me that the location is not found and gives me the "location is not found" error.

This is only affecting the files in my Downloads.

I have tried rebooting, setting the location to default and rebooting, checking for the latest update and rebooting, and none of these provide me with success.

Please help me solve this.

:)

Sellabi, Feb 7, 2019
  2. Ripper3 Win User

FS/FT Thread title location

One more suggestion for B/S/T forum is the inclusion of a location made mandatory.
    I know it's already possible, but there's a limited choice in locations, and not many people use it, assuming that because they're in the US, they don't need to.
    The problem from this comes when they state quite clearly (although sometimes not clearly at all), they only ship to the US.
    Making location mandatory in the thread title would save a bit of time and hassle, and would make searching the forum easier.

A suggestion for this: use the poster's location, if they've added a correct location, as the default.

It's not like it's an issue of privacy, the poster will tell where they're from within the post in a round-about way.

Not a big suggestion, but I thought I'd throw it in there.

Ripper3, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Karen Her Win User
    Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Feb 7, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

PC doesn't know my location in Windows 10

Hi,

I would suggest to try the steps below and check if it help.

• Click on start menu, select setting.

• Click on privacy from the list, select location on the left pane.

• Click on general location too.

• Click on location on, and then choose apps that can use your locations.
    Also, check your date and time of the computer with the online time.

• Click on date and time on the task bar and select date and time setting > Date and Time > Select appropriate time zone.

• Click on region tab and select the correction.
    For more information, refer the link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12444/windows-10-location-service-privacy-faq

I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persists, we’ll be glad to assists ypu.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Location is not found.. if the location is on the pc error - Similar Threads - Location found location

2. Folder Location not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Location not found: There is a folder on my WD external hard drive, whenever I am going to open that folder it says "Location is not available" attaching a screenshot, please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-location-not-found/be0e58d8-90c8-4262-af0e-39b638de41fb
  3. Folder Location not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Location not found: There is a folder on my WD external hard drive, whenever I am going to open that folder it says "Location is not available" attaching a screenshot, please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-location-not-found/be0e58d8-90c8-4262-af0e-39b638de41fb
  4. Folder Location not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File location not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File location not found: Hello! I unpinned some folders from the quick access bar. However, I believed I made the mistake of unpinning an important folder, and now I am unable to find the location of the file on my pc. How do I find or recover the folder and pin it back to the quick access bar? Thank...
  6. File location not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File location not found: Hello! I unpinned some folders from the quick access bar. However, I believed I made the mistake of unpinning an important folder, and now I am unable to find the location of the file on my pc. How do I find or recover the folder and pin it back to the quick access bar? Thank...
  7. Createdxgifactory2 could not be found or located

in Windows 10 News
    Createdxgifactory2 could not be found or located: [ATTACH]While opening a game on Windows PC, many users have reported facing the following error message. The error message is mainly caused due to SweetFX, and it stops the user from launching the game. The procedure entry point Createdxgifactory2 could not be located in the...
  8. File location not found

File location not found: While working on my grad school assignment, I had to x out, but I saved it first. For some reason the file location decided to save inside of my onedrive, which it usually doesn't. In any case, when I went to reopen these files, all it says is that the file location doesn't...
  9. PC location

PC location: Can't get PC to recognize my location. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-location/964b233b-0bf4-4eba-a99e-a4b0d2580f3f
  10. Desktop location is not found

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop location is not found: after the magnification windows (bug installer) the update i cant add anything to my desktop i keep getting file not found and sometimes location not found what shall i do i removed the bug installer i think its the same team who worked on IE who works on windows 10...