Windows 10: location is not on this disc

Discus and support location is not on this disc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; everytime i try to open a file or video it gets deleted or moved to recycle bin and i receive the message location is not available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FARHANJAVED2, Aug 17, 2019.

1. location is not on this disc

everytime i try to open a file or video it gets deleted or moved to recycle bin and i receive the message location is not available

:)

FARHANJAVED2, Aug 17, 2019

2. I can't figure out how to open the disc tray on my toshiba laptop

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Locate the eject button near the disc tray. This button is usually directly to the left or right of the disc tray.
    • Press the eject button firmly and quickly. The tray should slide open.
    • Press the eject button a second time to close the disc tray.
    If the above steps doesn't work try the below.

• Open This PC.
    • Right click on DVD drive.
    • Click on Eject to open the drive.
    If this doesn't help, I suggest you to contact Toshiba support for further assistance.

Here is the link:
    http://support.toshiba.com/

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 17, 2019
  4. location is not on this disc

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

location is not on this disc

1. location is not on this disc - Similar Threads - location disc

2. My device was stolen and I can't locate it. If I remove it from my Microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device was stolen and I can't locate it. If I remove it from my Microsoft account...: My device was stolen and I haven't been able to locate it on 'My Devices'. If I remove it from my Microsoft account devices will it remove the bitlocker encryption? Or will the bitlocker encryption remain regardless? Thanks for any info....
  3. My device was stolen and I can't locate it. If I remove it from my Microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My device was stolen and I can't locate it. If I remove it from my Microsoft account...: My device was stolen and I haven't been able to locate it on 'My Devices'. If I remove it from my Microsoft account devices will it remove the bitlocker encryption? Or will the bitlocker encryption remain regardless? Thanks for any info....
  4. Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.: I cannot delete it, rename it or move it. When I try to delete it, it will say that the file is not located there anymore. I have tried to use command prompt yet nothing worked. I delete the original folder but the duplicate still exist but doesn't contain anything even if it...
  5. Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.

Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.: I cannot delete it, rename it or move it. When I try to delete it, it will say that the file is not located there anymore. I have tried to use command prompt yet nothing worked. I delete the original folder but the duplicate still exist but doesn't contain anything even if it...
  6. Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...: After previously deleting my Windows 10 partition, I attempted to redownload it with Bootcamp and found myself in a loop of a message reading "Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified in the unattend answer file's <ImageInstall> setting. Make sure the setting...
  7. Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...

Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...: After previously deleting my Windows 10 partition, I attempted to redownload it with Bootcamp and found myself in a loop of a message reading "Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified in the unattend answer file's <ImageInstall> setting. Make sure the setting...
  8. Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC and I cannot locate my discs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC and I cannot locate my discs: I have tried all the suggested fixes and I cannot locate my discs. How can I get my files and repair my pc please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-repair-couldnt-repair-your-pc-and-i/9bd52cb8-a5e7-47e0-bdd6-c99c4febc55d
  10. Unable to freeup disc space identified as mail not able to access or locate origin.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to freeup disc space identified as mail not able to access or locate origin.: I am trying to free up disk space on my laptop . in my storage settings the Mail is taking up most of my disk space. I dont use my mail box on my Laptop. I have a gmail acct on my phone . When I try Manage mail my inbox is empty .. How can I find it to clear the mail?...