Windows 10: location is not on this disc

Discus and support location is not on this disc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; everytime i try to open a file or video it gets deleted or moved to recycle bin and i receive the message location is not available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FARHANJAVED2, Aug 17, 2019.

1. location is not on this disc

everytime i try to open a file or video it gets deleted or moved to recycle bin and i receive the message location is not available

:)

FARHANJAVED2, Aug 17, 2019

2. I can't figure out how to open the disc tray on my toshiba laptop

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Locate the eject button near the disc tray. This button is usually directly to the left or right of the disc tray.
    • Press the eject button firmly and quickly. The tray should slide open.
    • Press the eject button a second time to close the disc tray.
    If the above steps doesn't work try the below.

• Open This PC.
    • Right click on DVD drive.
    • Click on Eject to open the drive.
    If this doesn't help, I suggest you to contact Toshiba support for further assistance.

Here is the link:
    http://support.toshiba.com/

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 17, 2019
  4. location is not on this disc

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

location is not on this disc

1. location is not on this disc - Similar Threads - location disc

2. Reset program windows to their default size and location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset program windows to their default size and location: Hello, I am a big fan of old MS-DOS games and I use DOSBox a lot to play them. The problem is, DOSBox changes the screen resolution (naturally) and after I return back to Windows, the window of many programs are resized. Windows Explorer, Settings, etc run in a small...
  3. Windows 10 - cannot locate my wireless printer (but was fine last week)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - cannot locate my wireless printer (but was fine last week): computer=Dell G3 with i5 processor, printer=HP all-in-one printer connection=wireless (however none of that is very relevant, read on) 1. Purchased laptop 4 months ago, installed printer ok except it periodically (at least weekly) decides the printer is "offline". Quick...
  4. "Where's my pen" never shows location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Where's my pen" never shows location: I have "Where's my device" turned on. The Surface pen shows up as a device. It shows a timestamp for when I last used the device. But it always says "location unavailable." The Surface Pro 6 on the other hand consistently shows an a recent location. Why doesn't "Where's...
  5. Original file location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Original file location: Hi Everyone, I have a user within the organisation that has moved a file from a folder to a newly created folder. They seem to have lost track of where they had originally transferred the file from (original folder location). Is there a way I could find out where...
  6. locating and opening a lost file in APP Data Local Packages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    locating and opening a lost file in APP Data Local Packages: I need help with locating and opening a file saved as a Temp File in APP Data/Local Packages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locating-and-opening-a-lost-file-in-app-data-local/4a7e29f1-96ad-47bb-b1ed-83119dbad4c0
  7. Changing Documents location

Changing Documents location: Following Microsoft instructions, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/310746/configuration-of-the-my-documents-folder, last updated in April of 2017 and then looking at their instructions on how you can actually still do this in a new 2019 instruction piece,...
  8. Changing default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App

Changing default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App: For uploading pictures from my phone to computer the windows app does to things: First, it always puts the photos into my video folder. Second, with each import it automatically generates a new folder (sometimes though I am only importing one picture) Is there a way to...
  9. Folder Location of second desktop in Window 10

Folder Location of second desktop in Window 10: I have a personal Onedrive folder mapped to my main desktop, that way I can access files from anywhere. If I create a second desktop in W10, can I map to a different folder...say my work desktop that's mapped to a folder Onedrive for Business folder....
  10. Unable to freeup disc space identified as mail not able to access or locate origin.

Unable to freeup disc space identified as mail not able to access or locate origin.: I am trying to free up disk space on my laptop . in my storage settings the Mail is taking up most of my disk space. I dont use my mail box on my Laptop. I have a gmail acct on my phone . When I try Manage mail my inbox is empty .. How can I find it to clear the mail?...