Windows 10: Location is unavailable

Discus and support Location is unavailable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to open something I get this "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Thing i'm opening' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by deathraptor64, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Location is unavailable

When I try to open something I get this "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Thing i'm opening' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is unavailable, and then try again". I'm not sure what made this happen. Sometimes I shutdown my computer for a period of time and the location is available again. Is there any way I can fix this?

:)

deathraptor64, Jun 5, 2019

2. Change library location by cmd

The command you are asking for is currently unavailable. What we can suggest is that you propose your request in our

Feedback hub
    to make Windows better. Now, if you really want to change the save location of a file, kindly follow these steps:

• Type storage in the search bar.
    • Select Storage.

From there, you can select where your files will be saved in the future.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Location is unavailable

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Location is unavailable

1. Location is unavailable - Similar Threads - Location unavailable

2. I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is unavailable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is unavailable.: I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-access-to-some-of-my-desktop-folders-it/71028c90-78ab-4c9f-aa6c-a2fbf7253fd6
  3. I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is unavailable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is unavailable.: I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-access-to-some-of-my-desktop-folders-it/71028c90-78ab-4c9f-aa6c-a2fbf7253fd6
  4. is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected...: is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you’re connected to the network or Internet, and then try again. If the location still can’t be...
  5. is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected...: is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you’re connected to the network or Internet, and then try again. If the location still can’t be...
  6. is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected...

7. The error is the following: "C:\Users\%Dell%\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The error is the following: "C:\Users\%Dell%\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is in...: I have tried everything to make my desktop reappear, it's missing in W10. I have executed the scan command, nothing happened. Tried to copy the desktop icon to the C:\windows\system32\config\ systemprofile, restarted the PC, still nothing appeared. Tried to change the...
  8. The error is the following: "C:\Users\%Dell%\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is in...

The error is the following: "C:\Users\%Dell%\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is in...: I have tried everything to make my desktop reappear, it's missing in W10. I have executed the scan command, nothing happened. Tried to copy the desktop icon to the C:\windows\system32\config\ systemprofile, restarted the PC, still nothing appeared. Tried to change the...
  9. The error is the following: "C:\Users\%Dell%\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is in...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Help! My E:/ is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! My E:/ is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device is...: Please help. My internal HDD E:\ is inaccessible.I have to restart several times to access it, and i already format it but nothing changes. Now, it's completely inaccessible. But sometimes when i can access it, a notification like this pop up:and voila, it disappear. My E:\...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folder is temporarily unavailble. if the location is on this error //