Windows 10: Location not available after I reset my pc

Discus and support Location not available after I reset my pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/louiu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gplr32/location_not_available_after_i_reset_my_pc/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/louiu, May 24, 2020.

1. /u/louiu Win User

Location not available after I reset my pc

/u/louiu, May 24, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 24, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, May 24, 2020
  4. Karen Her Win User

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, May 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Location not available after I reset my pc - Similar Threads - Location available reset

2. location is not available after being shared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    location is not available after being shared: I have two laptops one is operated on Windows 10 and the other on Windows 11. I connected both with a direct LAN cable then specified some folders to be shared with everyone on one of them and I copied them into the other laptop. The folder size is 490 GB and after 4 hours it...
  3. location is not available after being shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    location is not available after being shared: I have two laptops one is operated on Windows 10 and the other on Windows 11. I connected both with a direct LAN cable then specified some folders to be shared with everyone on one of them and I copied them into the other laptop. The folder size is 490 GB and after 4 hours it...
  4. location is not available after being shared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Location not available

Location not available: I recently installed windows 10 via boot pendrive. Everything is normal and then suddenly when I tried to close Android studio All files and software which I installed are gone. I execute explore.exe and got file explorer but download shows location not available. Finally I...
  6. Location not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location not available: I recently installed windows 10 via boot pendrive. Everything is normal and then suddenly when I tried to close Android studio All files and software which I installed are gone. I execute explore.exe and got file explorer but download shows location not available. Finally I...
  7. Not avail to reset my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not avail to reset my PC: Hi Microsoft,I have tried every think but no avail to reset my pc. can you plz help me to resolve this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-avail-to-reset-my-pc/65802cb3-20ee-4fa2-b1e6-27087a89870c
  8. Location is not available. Downloads is unavailble. If the location is in this PC............

Location is not available. Downloads is unavailble. If the location is in this PC............: Send help please. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-is-not-available-downloads-is-unavailble/d849f3aa-d8ac-4e69-8f0e-c73e6509a074
  9. 'Location not available' after uninstalling program.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Location not available' after uninstalling program.: I am having difficulty installing a program. On uninstall I get file explorer with 2 identical error messages stating the start menu folder is not available... ? This is a brand new Windows 10 pro installation on a new SSD and this is maybe the 5th program I've installed....
  10. Location is not available

Location is not available: Please help, I can't access my external hard drive, it says G:\ is not accessible. The file directory is corrupted and unreadable. Pls. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-is-not-available/3f78e080-c75c-455a-b63f-3821ff20743d"