Windows 10: location not available for my seagat external drive

Discus and support location not available for my seagat external drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just upgraded to win 10 Pro. My Seagate 2tb external drive shows an error message "Location not available. How do I rectify this p roblem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TerenceDriscoll, Oct 4, 2019.

1. location not available for my seagat external drive

I have just upgraded to win 10 Pro. My Seagate 2tb external drive shows an error message "Location not available. How do I rectify this p

roblem?

:)

TerenceDriscoll, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Seagate external drive

Hi Paul,

One of the possible reasons why your Seagate external drive is not working properly is due to a corrupted storage device. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Were you able to connect this external drive to another computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • Have you tried to unplug and use another USB port available?
    • What is the error message that you received?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Oct 4, 2019
  3. External Seagate Drive not appearing after Creators Update

We appreciate the feedback, Pete. Getting in touch with Seagate support is one of your options. They may have recent or updated drivers for your external hard drive. In the meantime, since the hard drive is detected again when you unplug and replug it, we
    suggest that you try changing the drive letter and its path and see if it addresses the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Computer Management.
    • Under Storage, click Disk Management.
    • Find your Seagate External Hard Drive, right-click it and select
      Change Drive Letter and Paths
    • Click on Change and select the letter for the drive.
    • Click OK, close all windows, then restart your computer.

Should the issue persists, then we suggest sharing your experience with us through our Feedback Hub. To access the Feedback Hub, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key.
    • Look for Feedback Hub, then click it.
    • In the left pane, click Feedback.
    Let us know should you need further help.

Regards.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 4, 2019
  4. location not available for my seagat external drive

Cannot find (Seagate) external hard drive in File Explorer.

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

1. I would recommend you to check in Disk management, if the (Seagate) external hard drive is detecting in Disk management. Follow the below steps:

a. Press Windows Key + R and type diskmgmt.msc and hit
    Enter.

b. Check if the system is detecting (Seagate) external hard drive and let us know.

2. What exactly happen when you try to access on the hard drive? Do you receive any error message/error code?

Awaiting your response for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

location not available for my seagat external drive

1. location not available for my seagat external drive - Similar Threads - location available seagat

2. Location not available on E: External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Location not available on E: External Drive: Scenario 1When my system boots up Windows 10 OS, the first window pops up is as per the screenshot below -I cannot access any files on the entire folder/file structure or C: drive. Even on clicking Ok, it disallows.As soon as I connect my external hard drive, which has the...
  3. Location not available on E: External Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location not available on E: External Drive: Scenario 1When my system boots up Windows 10 OS, the first window pops up is as per the screenshot below -I cannot access any files on the entire folder/file structure or C: drive. Even on clicking Ok, it disallows.As soon as I connect my external hard drive, which has the...
  4. Location not available on E: External Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot locate my external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot locate my external drive: Seagate Free Agent Go device does not show up under Device Manager. It Is plugged into computer and is flashing light. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-locate-my-external-drive/7d9237f9-be8e-49ed-92bf-243342f719b3
  6. how do i exchange one seagate external hard drive for another seagate external hard drive...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i exchange one seagate external hard drive for another seagate external hard drive...: Every time I try to do it, it keeps giving me error messages like Those files are open in another system. or if I try to remove the old Seagate so I can attach a new one it says error. I just want to put the new one on and tell it to receive the backup files....
  7. Seagate External Hard Drive not working

Seagate External Hard Drive not working: I have been trying for several months to understand why my external drive is not working, there are no drive lights flashing although it is humming. I have checked it all out in Device Manager, etc and it recorded as healthy and running correctly. In frustration I have...
  8. Seagate External Hard drive Decryption

Seagate External Hard drive Decryption: My Seagate Expansion Portable Drive (1 TB) was encrypted in Microsoft Windows 10. When I tried to decrypt it and removed password, Initially, it was removed. but when i plugged it in again in PC, it started asking for password / recovery key. I am using the same key which was...
  9. Seagate 2tb external drive

Seagate 2tb external drive: Bought a new usb cord since it kept randomly disconnecting the drive. It shows up in device management and on disk drives yet it says it cant initialize and wont show how much memory has been used or is available in volumes I dont know what to do...
  10. Seagate External Drive Not Waking

Seagate External Drive Not Waking: I have a Seagate external drive that I save my backups to. I run my backup around midnight, when the computer has not been used for a good 5-6 hours. I have been getting errors with the backup that the drive has not been accessible and thus the backup is not successful....