Windows 10: Location not working since past weeks

Discus and support Location not working since past weeks in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I have two children with Android phones REDMI 9A. We have used Microsoft Family Safety for a few years and location tracking has worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by K.H.E Kreol Harbour, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Location not working since past weeks

Hello. I have two children with Android phones REDMI 9A. We have used Microsoft Family Safety for a few years and location tracking has worked perfectly until a few weeks ago when it stopped updating their locations.I looked at every setting on both their phones, making sure all of the recommended location settings, security settings, battery settings were correct. Still couldn't get their location which showed they were both "In the house" when they were actually at school.I uninstalled the app from both phones and reinstalled it. I followed all of the security prompts for the recommended s

:)

K.H.E Kreol Harbour, Mar 16, 2023
  2. JATownes Win User

Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Mar 16, 2023
  3. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 16, 2023
  4. Location not working since past weeks

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 16, 2023
Thema:

Location not working since past weeks

1. Location not working since past weeks - Similar Threads - Location working since

2. Location unknown We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location unknown We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days: I located my stolen laptop two at two separate locations. The last time was two weeks ago, and the location and battery power did not change until I received the message above last night.Police have been reported to, but have been no help. Does this mean it has been wiped...
  3. Location unknown We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Location unknown We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days: I located my stolen laptop two at two separate locations. The last time was two weeks ago, and the location and battery power did not change until I received the message above last night.Police have been reported to, but have been no help. Does this mean it has been wiped...
  4. Location not working since past weeks

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Location not working since past weeks: Hello. I have two children with Android phones REDMI 9A. We have used Microsoft Family Safety for a few years and location tracking has worked perfectly until a few weeks ago when it stopped updating their locations.I looked at every setting on both their phones, making sure...
  5. Location not working since past weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location not working since past weeks: Hello. I have two children with Android phones REDMI 9A. We have used Microsoft Family Safety for a few years and location tracking has worked perfectly until a few weeks ago when it stopped updating their locations.I looked at every setting on both their phones, making sure...
  6. Video not working this past week.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video not working this past week.: Video Editor has worked fine for me until this week. Now I can't add any new jpeg or mp4 to a new video. I get the message These files have properties that can't be read, so we couldn't add them. I can still add older jpeg and mp4 but nothing new pictures that I have taken...
  7. Permadisabled Wifi: Since this past week, my wifi keeps disconeecting seemingly...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permadisabled Wifi: Since this past week, my wifi keeps disconeecting seemingly...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EpiDeMic522 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9u7ht/permadisabled_wifi_since_this_past_week_my_wifi/
  8. Windows update in the past week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update in the past week: An automatic update to windows 10 in the past week seems to have played havoc with my laptop. My start button / home page has changed completely and some icons / programmes have either disappeared or are not accessible. Finding anything is hit and miss and some things I...
  9. BSODFor the past 2 weeks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODFor the past 2 weeks: Hello, i have my system built 2 months ago and recently starting to have frequent BSOD especially when im gaming. MOBO: ASRock B450 Legend PROCESSOR : Ryzen 5 3600X SSD : HS-SSD-E2000 RAM : 8GB Ram Corsair cmk8gx4m1d3000c18 GPU: GTX 1660 Ti Gigabyte recently analyzed...
  10. Windows not updating since a week.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not updating since a week.: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit Home standalone computer (no domain or anything) [img] This is whats coming up every time I try to update or even if when windows tries to update itself. Happening since past 10 days now. [img] But funny part is if I select the...