Windows 10: Location of Country

Discus and support Location of Country in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently returned to UK after living in Holland for a number of years. I am encountering problems when trying to download some apps,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nivie 550, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Nivie 550 Win User

Location of Country

Hi,

I have recently returned to UK after living in Holland for a number of years.

I am encountering problems when trying to download some apps, where I am either informed that my country is not supported, or the version that is loaded is the Dutch version.

An example is Google Play Music, which I have on my mobile. On trying to install on the PC, I received the message that it cannot be used in "my" country because of the legal status of the app.

I keep on encountering this problem where my PC is obviously being viewed as located in Holland. Is there a method of ensuring that this is changed to reflect UK?

Please note that my technical knowledge of Windows is virtually non-existent!

Thanks,

Nivie

:)

Nivie 550, Dec 10, 2019

2. location is all screwed up

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

To change the home location for your PC to a specific country or region

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap
      Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click
      Search.)
    • In the search box, enter
      region
      , and then, in the results, tap or click Change your country or region.
    • Select the country or region for your location from the list.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Can’t change the location.

Hi George,

I am sorry to hear that you had to encounter an internet connection issue in Windows 10 before. You can always come to us for any issues on Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Let us see what to do to resolve this issue on location settings. TO assist you better, please answer the questions below.

• Where did you see your location as Vermont USA? How did you tried to change the location?

• Are you getting any error messages while changing the location?

• What is the build version of the Windows? Follow the below steps to check the build version.

• Open up the run command with the
      Win key + R key combo.

• Type winver into the run command text box and hit
      OK.

• You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

I suggest you to ON the location service and check if the location is changed to your current location. If the location service is ON, the Windows will automatically find your location once the system in connected to internet and update
    the location on the Apps, which has the permission to access to the location. Refer to the below link to ON the location service and more.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12444/windows-10-location-service-privacy-faq

You may also change your Country or region manually by the following steps;

• In the search box on task bar, enter Change region, then select
      Change your country or region.

• Under Country or region, select your new region.

Hope you can change your location.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Location of Country

Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Location of Country

1. Location of Country - Similar Threads - Location Country

2. Using Bitlocker on a mapped drive eg. NAS or other on networked location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Bitlocker on a mapped drive eg. NAS or other on networked location: So I have a USB-key that I want to encrypt while it is functioning as a network drive. But Bitlocker does not seem to "see" the drive. In this case the "usb2"So how do I do this?...
  3. Using Bitlocker on a mapped drive eg. NAS or other on networked location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Bitlocker on a mapped drive eg. NAS or other on networked location: So I have a USB-key that I want to encrypt while it is functioning as a network drive. But Bitlocker does not seem to "see" the drive. In this case the "usb2"So how do I do this?...
  4. Is there an easy way to locate MS News App article which I have previously accessed through...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an easy way to locate MS News App article which I have previously accessed through...: Hi,In Windows 10 The MS News app puts article titles in the notification centre/action centre. When I click on the article title it opens the article in the News app.Is there any way to easily find which articles I have previously clicked on?e.g. is history kept anywhere? I...
  5. Is there an easy way to locate MS News App article which I have previously accessed through...

Is there an easy way to locate MS News App article which I have previously accessed through...: Hi,In Windows 10 The MS News app puts article titles in the notification centre/action centre. When I click on the article title it opens the article in the News app.Is there any way to easily find which articles I have previously clicked on?e.g. is history kept anywhere? I...
  6. Windows current user account location country

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows current user account location country: I am from Australia & have never lived anywhere else. For some reason, I I go to Control Panel > Regions & the Administrative tab,, the location of the current user is showing as Tuvalu.I have tried to change it & I don't seem to be able to delete it, even though I have an...
  7. Windows current user account location country

Windows current user account location country: I am from Australia & have never lived anywhere else. For some reason, I I go to Control Panel > Regions & the Administrative tab,, the location of the current user is showing as Tuvalu.I have tried to change it & I don't seem to be able to delete it, even though I have an...
  8. What are the differences between setting my PC's country location to Canada vs USA?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are the differences between setting my PC's country location to Canada vs USA?: Do I have access to more/different things if I have it set to US? What are the differences (no matter how little) between the two. (Or even a different country altogether). I realize this question isn't about Windows per se, but I'm not sure where else to ask. submitted by...
  9. IP address location wrong country

in Windows 10 Customization
    IP address location wrong country: My browser shows that I'm in Canada and reroutes all my sites through Canada even though I'm in Michigan. My settings in Chrome show I'm in the US. Despite that, all my sites, such as AOL and Amazon, locate me in Canada. It also registers I'm in Canada on other browsers,...
  10. Change Country or Region Home Location in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Country or Region Home Location in Windows 10: How to: Change Country or Region Home Location in Windows 10 How to Change Country or Region Home Location in Windows 10 The country or region home location in Windows, referred to as geographic location (GeoID), indicates the country or region that you are in. Some...