Windows 10: LOCATION OF DOWNLOADED FILES FROM WINDOWS UPDATE

Discus and support LOCATION OF DOWNLOADED FILES FROM WINDOWS UPDATE in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! I think I accidentally clicked on something while setting up my laptop when I updated to windows 11. Now, all the files from software updates keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by melaidan, Aug 10, 2022.

1. melaidan Win User

LOCATION OF DOWNLOADED FILES FROM WINDOWS UPDATE

Hi! I think I accidentally clicked on something while setting up my laptop when I updated to windows 11. Now, all the files from software updates keep on saving in my drive D This PCLOCATION OF DOWNLOADED FILES FROM WINDOWS UPDATE :DataD. Can u guys teach me how to change the default location of these files so that whenever I update my windows it will not be this messy? Thank you!

:)

melaidan, Aug 10, 2022

2. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Aug 10, 2022
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Aug 10, 2022
  4. LOCATION OF DOWNLOADED FILES FROM WINDOWS UPDATE

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

LOCATION OF DOWNLOADED FILES FROM WINDOWS UPDATE

1. LOCATION OF DOWNLOADED FILES FROM WINDOWS UPDATE - Similar Threads - LOCATION DOWNLOADED FILES

2. How to change target location for download file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change target location for download file?: Windows 11. Need to change target location for download files. So easy in WIN10, but cannot find change. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-target-location-for-download-file/2c8c2220-fed8-4937-9d6f-603b7cddcbef
  3. LOCATION OF DOWNLOADED FILES FROM WINDOWS UPDATE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LOCATION OF DOWNLOADED FILES FROM WINDOWS UPDATE: Hi! I think I accidentally clicked on something while setting up my laptop when I updated to windows 11. Now, all the files from software updates keep on saving in my drive D This PC:DataD. Can u guys teach me how to change the default location of these files so that whenever...
  4. Asking a windows update file location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asking a windows update file location: Hi, For some reason windows automatically created another windows update folder on my d drive and the files in there has name: 19042.631.201119-0144.20h2_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTCONSUMER_RET_x64FRE_en-us...
  5. If my update file is corrupted ,then does downloading update file from the Windows Update...

If my update file is corrupted ,then does downloading update file from the Windows Update...: I am running Windows 10 version 1507 and want to update to the latest version of Windows 10,but some of my update files maybe corrupted as the installation of the update unexpectedly stops at 52%. I also tried the SFC and DISM method ,but didn't work.So ,I am trying to do it...
  6. Windows Update Download Source Locations

Windows Update Download Source Locations: Hello, We have some customers that are concerned about the location of source Windows update download location. For Security and Compliance reasons, they are asking if it possible to limit download sources to US only. Does anyone know of a way to get that done? I vaguely...
  7. Office 2019 update files download location in windows 10 home.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2019 update files download location in windows 10 home.: where Office 2019 update files are download in windows 10 home. How to know downloaded files are removed after update is done. 155381
  8. Downloaded file not getting stored at desired location.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloaded file not getting stored at desired location.: Whenever I am logging in as a user and try to download and store a file at a particular location I get a message " C:\User\User1\Appdata\Local\Temp\HafrCLJ.pdf.part could not be saved , because you cannot change the contents of that folder. Change the folder properties and...
  9. Files Missing from the location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Missing from the location: Ive recently had a number of .cpr (cubase project files) dissapear off my pc. Its a new pc, windows 10. Ive opened the files on this pc before but they are just dissapearing. How do i get them back? All my audio files are still here but the project files are vanishing and the...
  10. download file location

in Browsers and Email
    download file location: how do i specify the folder i want a downloaded file to be placed? 57334