Windows 10: Location of Favorites

Discus and support Location of Favorites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 where is the location of favourites list?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BarryRowley, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Location of Favorites

Windows 10 where is the location of favourites list?

:)

BarryRowley, Jul 31, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

MS Edge and moving favorites

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

There is no option to Move, you can add the site to favorites bar

• Open the site, click on add to favorites or reading list
    • Select the save location as Favorites bar
    • Then you will be able to see the sites in favorites bar

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 31, 2019
  3. alank Win User
    specify location of favorites

Can I specify the location of favorites for Edge and IE?

If I could put my favorites on OneDrive, then my Surface Pro 2 and my desktop PC could use the same list of favorites. I frequently modify my favorites list (add new, rearrange, etc.) and would like changes I make on my desktop PC appear on my Surface, and vice versa.

Is this possible?

alank, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Eric_999 Win User

Location of Favorites

Favorites How do I find my favorites in Edge

While browsing another thread, I found the answer to my previous question. Including it here in case others are searching for the location where favorites are stored.

Kindly, follow the below steps to navigate the Microsoft EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

• Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following path:
    (Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer).

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

Note: username represent the user account name which you have currently signed in to the Windows 10.

• Here you will be able to locate the EDGE browser’s Favorites folder location.
    • Check whether you are able to locate the favorites which you have created in EDGE browser.
    Note: To back up your favorites in Edge browser, simply copy-paste this Favorites folder to a safe location. To restore favorites, copy and paste your Favorites folder back in the location suggested.

Eric_999, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Location of Favorites

1. Location of Favorites - Similar Threads - Location Favorites

2. How to add location to Favorites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add location to Favorites.: I frequently need to upload image files to a website from a folder on my desktop named "Work". On the website when I click the button to do this, Windows opens a window named "File Upload". In the box on the right is "Documents library". I scroll down to the "Users" location....
  3. How to add location to Favorites.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add location to Favorites.: I frequently need to upload image files to a website from a folder on my desktop named "Work". On the website when I click the button to do this, Windows opens a window named "File Upload". In the box on the right is "Documents library". I scroll down to the "Users" location....
  4. Favorites location.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites location.: Since the latest update to Windows 10 7/10/2020 my favorites bar has moved from the right side to the middle of the screen and I don't like the way its formatted. Specifically it is the favorites imported from when I updated from Windows 7. Any tips to get it back the way I...
  5. Registry location Shortcuts in Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Registry location Shortcuts in Favorites Bar: Does anybody know the Registry location Shortcuts in Favorites Bar? Not favorites but favorites bar. Thank you. 140800
  6. Transferring favorite locations from Microsoft Maps to Google Maps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring favorite locations from Microsoft Maps to Google Maps: Hi, My Lumia 950's second battery is dying, and this is the last year of Windows 10 Mobile support ;-( so I will soon have to move to an Android phone. I have tons of favorites in Microsoft maps, synced between the Lumia 950 and the Windows 10 app on my PCs. How can I...
  7. Edge new favorites location

in Browsers and Email
    Edge new favorites location: If you thought Edge couldn't find a harder place to hide the Favorites you were wrong. The current favorites are still in the same hard to find place but new additions are in a different place and they are now .xml files. For example, this is the location for a new one...
  8. specify location of favorites

in Browsers and Email
    specify location of favorites: Can I specify the location of favorites for Edge and IE? If I could put my favorites on OneDrive, then my Surface Pro 2 and my desktop PC could use the same list of favorites. I frequently modify my favorites list (add new, rearrange, etc.) and would like changes I make on...
  9. IE refuses to import favorites file from any location

in Browsers and Email
    IE refuses to import favorites file from any location: Edges has them all so why aren't they in IE any more? And why is there no 'export' in Edge? And why does IE refuse to import ? Gee, do you think maybe they really don't want us to use IE any more? 18401
  10. Move Location of Favorites Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Location of Favorites Folder in Windows 10: How to: Move Location of Favorites Folder in Windows 10 How to Move Your Favorites Folder Location in Windows 10 Your favorites from Internet Explorer are saved into your Favorites folder. By default, Windows stores your personal Favorites folder in your account's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where does MIcrosoft Edge stores favorites windows 10