Windows 10: Location of File Explorer's pinned shortcuts in Taskbar

Discus and support Location of File Explorer's pinned shortcuts in Taskbar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am looking for the location of the list of pinned File Explorer shortcuts on the Taskbar. When any of the pinned Taskbar programs are right-clicked,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaroldMergens, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Location of File Explorer's pinned shortcuts in Taskbar

I am looking for the location of the list of pinned File Explorer shortcuts on the Taskbar. When any of the pinned Taskbar programs are right-clicked, a list of "Recent" items appears. If any of those are pinned, a list above "Recent" appears called "Pinned". I am looking for the location of those Pinned files wherever it may be located. The reason for this is I want to make sure that list is transferred from one PC to another, whether it be W7 to W10 or W10 to W10. The image below is what I am working with on my PC. I want to know where Softball, User_scripts, Active Projects, Script_Logs, Dropbox and Install shortcuts are located, not where they go to.

Location of File Explorer's pinned shortcuts in Taskbar 52d751a4-6650-4b31-a6b7-33f04cdb5541?upload=true.jpg

:)

DaroldMergens, Oct 4, 2019
  2. randybw57 Win User

Pin a File Explorer Shortcut to Taskbar

I have the File Explorer app pinned to my Taskbar.

I want to add a second File Explorer shortcut to the taskbar.

This shortcut points to a particular folder that I use a lot.

I can't get them both in the Taskbar.

When I right click in the Taskbar the item for 'Lock the Taskbar' is NOT checked.

I have my shortcut built on the Desktop.

I try to move it by dragging the Desktop icon with my right mouse button.

When I get over the Taskbar I get the red crossed circle.

Thanks for any help!

randybw57, Oct 4, 2019
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

Location of File Explorer's pinned shortcuts in Taskbar

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Location of File Explorer's pinned shortcuts in Taskbar

1. Location of File Explorer's pinned shortcuts in Taskbar - Similar Threads - Location File Explorer's

2. Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working: The Pinned file explorer on the taskbar doesn't work for few days.If I left click the file explorer icon, nothing will happen. If I click again to do anything on the taskbar, the taskbar will just freeze. However, the file explorer can be opened via start menu, desktop icon,...
  3. Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working: The Pinned file explorer on the taskbar doesn't work for few days.If I left click the file explorer icon, nothing will happen. If I click again to do anything on the taskbar, the taskbar will just freeze. However, the file explorer can be opened via start menu, desktop icon,...
  4. Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?: Hi! I'm trying to pin a shortcut to the explorer on my secondary taskbar but I have no idea how to do this.I'm using a dual-monitor setup with two taskbars, with 'showing programs on taskbar where window is open' enabled. I also use a third-party add-on to set the icons to...
  6. Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?: Hi! I'm trying to pin a shortcut to the explorer on my secondary taskbar but I have no idea how to do this.I'm using a dual-monitor setup with two taskbars, with 'showing programs on taskbar where window is open' enabled. I also use a third-party add-on to set the icons to...
  7. Pin File Explorer to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin File Explorer to Taskbar: I have gone through all of the recommended steps for pinning File Explorer to the task bar and nothing works. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? [Original Title: File Explorer]...
  8. Pinned shortcuts to taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pinned shortcuts to taskbar: Hi, Shortcuts pinned to Edge and Excel on tasksbar in Windows 10 cannot be moved up and down with the mouse like I used to in Windows 7. Is this no longer possible in Windows 10 or do I have an error or setting that can be fixed? If so any suggestions are welcome....
  9. Cannot pin File Explorer to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot pin File Explorer to Taskbar: I just bought a new Win 10 PC about 8 hours ago and am trying to set it up. I tried to transfer files from my external hard drive onto the new laptop only to find out, once the transfer was nearly complete, that Win 10 defaulted the transfer into my OneDrive, which I...
  10. Change default Explorer folder (for taskbar-pinned shortcut)

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default Explorer folder (for taskbar-pinned shortcut): I'd been using this method on Windows 7: Windows Explorer Taskbar Icon - Change Open To Target And I take it that this is how it's done in 8: File Explorer Taskbar Icon - Change Open To Target Will the latter tutorial also work here in 10? 10574

Users found this page by searching for:

1. location of file explorer pinned shortcuts windows 10

2. windows 10 location of pinned shortcuts