Windows 10: Location of recycle bin

Discus and support Location of recycle bin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to access the recycle bin on my Windows 10 PC. It doesn't show up on the desktop as it did in Windows 7 and I can't find out how to get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sazzmo_Smith, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Location of recycle bin

I am trying to access the recycle bin on my Windows 10 PC. It doesn't show up on the desktop as it did in Windows 7 and I can't find out how to get to it. I have followed all the advice from Microsoft - go to settings, select personalization, select desktop icons, make sure recycle bin is checked - all to no avail. Any help?

:)

Sazzmo_Smith, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    locate recycle bin on windows 10

Hi Joan,

The Recycle Bin is usually available on your desktop in Windows 10. If it is nowhere to be found, it's possible that it has been hidden. You can show the Recycle Bin on your computer by following the instructions

here

Let us know if you are able to locate your Recycle Bin after following the steps.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Location of recycle bin

Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Location of recycle bin

1. Location of recycle bin - Similar Threads - Location recycle bin

2. Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialog boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialog box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  3. Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialog boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialog box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  4. Recycle Bin Dialogue Box File Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin Dialogue Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialogue boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialogue box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  5. Recycle Bin Dialogue Box File Locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle Bin Dialogue Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialogue boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialogue box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  6. File location in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File location in recycle bin: I deleted a file from downloads folder and it went to recycle bin and when I searched for that file in the search bar under "This PC" it shows me the locationc/user/username/appdata/roaming/temp . Is it safe to believe that files in this location stay for 30 days before...
  7. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin: I can not find the recycle bin on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/915eb735-58dc-40c8-b42f-492b1f9e5cd4
  8. Recycle Bin location listed doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin location listed doesn't exist: Every time my user's computer boots up, they get: [ATTACH] The \\dpmmsla\carolk location was removed physically more than six months ago. When I check the properties of the Recycle Bin, under "Recycle Bin Location" is listed \\dpmmsla\carolk. How can I remove the...
  9. Recycle Bin Location - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin Location - Windows 10: I'm trying to find the address for the recycle bin on my system. If I run C:\$Recycle.Bin it opens a folder that is empty. If I open the recycle bin through the shortcut in explorer I can find the files, but am unable to copy the file location from the address bar. Thoughts?...
  10. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635