Windows 10: Location of registry key for Display language under New User Accounts?

Discus and support Location of registry key for Display language under New User Accounts? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just need the location of a registry key/value in Windows. I have a PowerShell Script that changes the language and the region in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lenican, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Lenican Win User

Location of registry key for Display language under New User Accounts?

I just need the location of a registry key/value in Windows.

I have a PowerShell Script that changes the language and the region in Windows 10 changing the correct values in the right registry keys. There is only one registry that I can not find is the one when you select and tick the box for "New user accounts" under "Copy your current settings to:".

Full path: Control Panel -> Region -> Administrative -> Copy settings... -> Copy your current settings to: -> New user accounts

So normally I start with a system that it's fully in English/US for all the settings in Current user, Welcome Screen, New user accounts, that is the Display language, Input language, Format and Location.

Location of registry key for Display language under New User Accounts? [​IMG]

After my script and a restart, for example when I want to change to German/Germany, I manage to get everything set right except except for the "Display language" under "New User accounts" that stills keeps the "English (United States)".

You know that if you select and tick the option "New user accounts" under "Copy your current settings to:" and then select "Ok" indeed it changes to "German" and there is no need to restart.

What I only need is the location of the registry "Display language" that is being changed, because even though I used RegShot for successfully finding the location of all the other keys I needed it for changing the language/region settings under the Current user, Welcome Screen and New User accounts I don't find the key for this last one in the before/after snapshots that RegShot provides.

This is the last little thing I need for the script to be completed fully so hopefully someone out there knows what key it is.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Lenican, Apr 10, 2019

2. windows display language

Hi,

Changing the Windows display language can be done thru Control Panel. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings, then click Time & language.
    • Select Region & language on the left pane.
    • Click Add a language.
    • Locate and select your preferred language.
    • Select the language you added, then select Set as default.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Click Language.
    • Click Advanced settings on the left pane.
    • Click Apply language settings to the welcome screen, system accounts, and new user accounts link.
    • Under Welcome screen and new user accounts option, click Copy settings.
    • Check the Welcome screen and system accounts and the
      New user accounts
      options, then click OK.
    • Reboot your Computer.
    Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Martin Bar, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows keep adding Keyboard by itself & Windows Display Language

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can try removing the language packs from registry and check if that helps.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.
    Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

To remove the language pack from registry follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    2. Type regedit and click on OK.
    3. Navigate to the location HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload
    4. On the right side of the window, delete the registry values that has
      0409 and 0809.
    5. Restart the computer.

To make English (Ireland) as your Display language follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open Settings.
    2. Click on Time & Language.
    3. Click on Region & Language.
    4. Under Windows display language click on the drop down menu and select
      English (Ireland).
    5. Restart your computer.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Location of registry key for Display language under New User Accounts? - Similar Threads - Location registry key

2. Why is there a registry key called SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_zpdnekdrzrea0 under...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a registry key called SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_zpdnekdrzrea0 under...: is this a legit part of spotify or malware? I reinstalled windows yesterday using a USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-a-registry-key-called/b0461683-c459-46ce-b0a0-6b1a324b0c5d
  3. Why is there a registry key called SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_zpdnekdrzrea0 under...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there a registry key called SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_zpdnekdrzrea0 under...: is this a legit part of spotify or malware? I reinstalled windows yesterday using a USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-a-registry-key-called/b0461683-c459-46ce-b0a0-6b1a324b0c5d
  4. Why is there a registry key called SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_zpdnekdrzrea0 under...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. what is the registry key to disable the microsoft editor under languages in Edge settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the registry key to disable the microsoft editor under languages in Edge settings?: what is the registry key to disable the microsoft editor under languages in Edge settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-registry-key-to-disable-the-microsoft/6263c452-940c-4e5b-9722-868e88311b61
  6. what is the registry key to disable the microsoft editor under languages in Edge settings?

what is the registry key to disable the microsoft editor under languages in Edge settings?: what is the registry key to disable the microsoft editor under languages in Edge settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-registry-key-to-disable-the-microsoft/6263c452-940c-4e5b-9722-868e88311b61
  7. what is the registry key to disable the microsoft editor under languages in Edge settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Registry Edit Languages Displayed / Selectable In Language Bar

Registry Edit Languages Displayed / Selectable In Language Bar: There are cases where suddenly a language (keyboard layout) not selected anywhere in the proper route of adding a language to windows is suddenly showing in Language Bar as a keyboard layout , and one of my laptops is currently a victim to that . I have tried the normal...
  9. Unable to find user data after deleting User Account Registry key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to find user data after deleting User Account Registry key: So yesterday my pc shut down randomly It think it was a blue screen of death or something like that and today when I loaded up I got into a temp user. It wasn't my first time,I had fixed it before. But instead of deleting the right user in regedit I deleted the one with...
  10. Can user create a registry key value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can user create a registry key value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE??: Hello, I am looking for a solution where a non admin PC should read a reagistry value "EnableSelectiveSuspend" under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\ROOT_HUB20\4&18851ac7&0\Device Parameters. But actually the value is not present when the Power...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. script to copy your current settings to new user accounts

2. control panel language display registry