Windows 10: Location of screenshots folder

Discus and support Location of screenshots folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I moved my screenshots shortcut from Directly Local Drive without Create a specific folder for it. Now when I use shortcut Win+PrtSysRq to click to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NiketPorwal1, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Location of screenshots folder

I moved my screenshots shortcut from Directly Local Drive without Create a specific folder for it. Now when I use shortcut Win+PrtSysRq to click to save screenshots it get directly save into drive and get mixed with other files. Now I want change the location of screenshot from local drive to screenshots folder in pictures. But the problem is I couldn't find the settings to change the loaction. How can I change it?

:)

NiketPorwal1, Jul 2, 2021

2. Cannot locate screenshots

Thank you for the suggestions.

I followed instructions in https://www.intowindows.com/fix-windows-10-not-...

but the screenshot that I took was not listed where is was supposed to be (in Recents).

The recommended link https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-change-defa...

tells me to click on the screenshots folder, but as you know I don't have that folder.

NOTE:

When I click the Windows key plus PrntScr, the screen does NOT dim. Instead, the "Start" menu appears.

So I think that that key combination is not saving the screenshot at all, anywhere. That would explain why there is nothing on the clipboard.

Do you have any suggestions for verifying that the Windows key plus PrntScr is taking the screenshot?

WilliamJSlade, Jul 2, 2021
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jul 2, 2021
  4. Location of screenshots folder

screenshot function is not working

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer and click on This PC in the left navigation pane.
    • Navigate to the location: C:\Users\<Username>\Pictures\Screenshots.
    • Right click on the Screenshots folder and select Properties.
    • Click on the Location tab in the Properties Window.
    • Change the location to the desired location and click on Move.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

Location of screenshots folder

1. Location of screenshots folder - Similar Threads - Location screenshots folder

2. Screenshots not populated in screenshot folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screenshots not populated in screenshot folder: I have taken numerous screenshots using the windows key+prnt screen shortcut. The preview box isnt showing up anymore and they shots arent in the screenshot folder BUT if I paste into a Word Doc the last screen shot pastes so clearly they are being taken. My questions are-...
  3. Lost/deleted Screenshots folder - please help locate!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost/deleted Screenshots folder - please help locate!: Hi!I wanted to move my screenshots folder from my C: drive to my HDD M: .I went into properties and moved my screenshots to the HDD, however didn't realise that I had to move it to another folder, as it started dumping new screenshots into the bare HDD, not into a folder. So...
  4. Lost/deleted Screenshots folder - please help locate!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost/deleted Screenshots folder - please help locate!: Hi!I wanted to move my screenshots folder from my C: drive to my HDD M: .I went into properties and moved my screenshots to the HDD, however didn't realise that I had to move it to another folder, as it started dumping new screenshots into the bare HDD, not into a folder. So...
  5. Lost/deleted Screenshots folder - please help locate!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Screenshots Not Appearing In Screenshot Folder

Screenshots Not Appearing In Screenshot Folder: So every time i take a screenshot Windows Key + Print Scr it never appears in my folder this started happening today and i dont know where my screen shots are can i have some help???...
  7. Screenshots and screenshot folder

Screenshots and screenshot folder: HI I want to take a screenshot using the windows key and print screen but it doesn't seem to be working and I can't find a screenshot folder in pictures... any advice would be appreciated?...
  8. No Location Tab - Screenshots folder

No Location Tab - Screenshots folder: Hoping someone can help? I want to change the default folder where screenshots are saved. I've opened properties dialogue box to change the path - there is no location tab? Every help article I've researched refers to changing the saved path via the location tab? Any help...
  9. Cannot locate screenshots

Cannot locate screenshots: Windows 10 Home I've taken hundreds of screenshots successfully. Suddenly either they are not going to my "clipboard" (they won't paste into any imaging program) or they are going to some folder that I cannot find. There is no "screenshots" folder in the Pictures folder...
  10. Screenshot storage location

Screenshot storage location: Please, help! I have had this issue since my last renewal of Office 365. So regretful! With this latest renewal, I cannot find my screenshots. They are no longer in my screenshots folder under pictures under THIS PC. And they no longer name themselves by date. I...