Windows 10: Location of Virus Scan

Discus and support Location of Virus Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Where do I get access to my virus scan application... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DPXC, Jan 21, 2021.

1. DPXC Win User

Location of Virus Scan

Where do I get access to my virus scan application

:)

2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Location of Virus Scan [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

Location of Virus Scan [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Location of Virus Scan

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Location of Virus Scan

1. Location of Virus Scan - Similar Threads - Location Virus Scan

2. Virus Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Scan: Hi all,When I select Virus Scan in Windows 11, be it quick scan or custom scan, there is no response to my request. It does nothing. Any advice anyone? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/f310d87c-b91e-498c-9859-ffbfdd7e02c9
  3. Virus Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Scan: Hi all,When I select Virus Scan in Windows 11, be it quick scan or custom scan, there is no response to my request. It does nothing. Any advice anyone? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/f310d87c-b91e-498c-9859-ffbfdd7e02c9
  4. Virus scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus scan: Part of the way through the scan the Microsoft scan records 44 infected files, but on completion it reports no malware detected. Why the inconsistency? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/b07b8daa-2dd6-4889-95dc-69f1b930434f
  5. Virus Scan

Virus Scan: I did a virus scan, and it detected a registry key and value: HKLM/SOFTWARE/WOW6432NODE/DRSPU and also CLIENTID at the end.It detected it as a PUP.Is it really a threat?Please let me know ASAP.Virus Scan: Malwarebytes Premium Trial...
  6. virus scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    virus scan: any time I try to download anything I get "virus scan failed" everything is up to date on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/8ba5cd90-ea3e-4b87-a252-b479291cb15d
  7. virus scans

virus scans: Hi folks i need a safe and hopefully free and effective scan. i can't remove a request for the nvidia control platform after deleting nividia driver updates I did'nt need or use. Thank you....
  8. virus scan

virus scan: My stream keeps informing me of a needed virus scan. i do one and it never stops running. Everything seems fine but the quick scan is still going at it hours later. Can't find anything on it....
  9. virus scan

virus scan: defender virus scanning not work? Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan/e79013c5-98b4-4c40-8276-3ceb5b3c5175
  10. scanning for viruses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    scanning for viruses: Could you tell me how to use Windows Defender? I usually open the folders, then close them before starting the scanning. Will the scanning look through all the folders and programs if I don’t open these folders?...