Windows 10: Location of Windows Run executable

Discus and support Location of Windows Run executable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can someone please tell me the location of the executable for the Windows Run program?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jgkwiatek, Nov 1, 2019.

1. jgkwiatek Win User

Location of Windows Run executable

Can someone please tell me the location of the executable for the Windows Run program?

:)

jgkwiatek, Nov 1, 2019

2. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Execute a command from SCCM Task sequence step "Run a Command line"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

That will work indeed, however I need to run it from the SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Can we change line while executing command from SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step?

Regards

sccm_learner, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Unable to turn on the Location from the Location Settings.

Hi Rafiul,

It is possible that the
    GPS chipset
    is not working properly causing your location settings to be
    disabled or cannot be turned on. Kindly run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on the
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

If the issue
    persists, we suggest that you contact your
    computer/laptop's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Location of Windows Run executable - Similar Threads - Location Run executable

2. Microsoft Store Executable file location

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Executable file location: Microsoft Store Executable file location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-executable-file-location/fa06d159-c8ba-43f8-8a5b-2a30b75e17c3
  3. Microsoft Store Executable file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Executable file location: Microsoft Store Executable file location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-executable-file-location/fa06d159-c8ba-43f8-8a5b-2a30b75e17c3
  4. Edge executable file location in registry

in Browsers and Email
    Edge executable file location in registry: Where do I find the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe path in the registry? Thanks! 178354
  5. executable won't run on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    executable won't run on windows 10: I made a tic tac toe gamec# and made it into an executable. When I try to run the executable a message pops up saying "This app can't run on your pc" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/executable-wont-run-on-windows-10/393693b6-dc45-474e-836a-a13cbc3693fd
  6. Executable file not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Executable file not running: Hi, I have the following problem: Few months ago I wrote a python program that I converted with pyinstaller to an executable file. The .exe file ran smoothly. I got myself a new laptop and wanted to try the program, unfortunately I cannot start the program. Things I've...
  7. Locate the executable file for windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locate the executable file for windows photo viewer: I have a newsreader that wants the executable program name on my Windows 10 Pro desktop when opening .jpeg, .jpg files. In older Windows OS I could find the .exe file in a systems or systems 32 directory. Anyone know where Windows 10 Pro keeps this file ? (also, I dl'd the...
  8. Executables running but no active window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Executables running but no active window: Over the past 2 weeks I've had this stupid fucking issue I can't fix. It started out with Steam. If I'd close it with the X and try reopening it, it wouldn't open, no matter what task manager bullshit I do - until I restart my computer. Then it happened to Minecraft. Then it...
  9. Location of Windows Print 3D executable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of Windows Print 3D executable: Can someone please tell me the location of the executable for the Windows Print 3D program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-of-windows-print-3d-executable/2a1a31e2-05c5-40c1-8ecc-7aecb65f4a29"
  10. C++ Executable will not run on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C++ Executable will not run on Windows 10: I wrote a C++ program that has run well for many years on various Windows versions including Windows 10. On brand new computers preloaded with Windows 10, the program will not run. It installs fine, but when you click on the executable nothing happens. There are no errors of...