Windows 10: location permissions

Discus and support location permissions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Maps program says it doesn't have permission to use my location. Note in red on location permissions page says " *Some of these settings are hidden or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WayneHinman, Apr 9, 2021.

1. location permissions

Maps program says it doesn't have permission to use my location.

Note in red on location permissions page says " [COLOR=rgba215, 57, 0, 1]*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Don't know where to find organization settings.[/COLOR]

:)

WayneHinman, Apr 9, 2021

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Bree, Apr 9, 2021
  4. location permissions

How did this get released before testing and why does it change all permissions without asking

Hi,

is the permission for the folders in your user profile shown as "read-only'?

If this is the case, I would suggest you to try these steps and check if they help:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    • This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later.
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

location permissions

1. location permissions - Similar Threads - location permissions

2. I cannot locate advanced permission settings in order to let individual apps access my file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot locate advanced permission settings in order to let individual apps access my file...: Hi there,I am using RStudio for a university course and I need to be able to save R files to my file system. I am having difficulty figuring out how to give RStudio access to my file system on my Windows 11 computer. I tried going into my settings, to privacy and security,...
  3. I cannot locate advanced permission settings in order to let individual apps access my file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot locate advanced permission settings in order to let individual apps access my file...: Hi there,I am using RStudio for a university course and I need to be able to save R files to my file system. I am having difficulty figuring out how to give RStudio access to my file system on my Windows 11 computer. I tried going into my settings, to privacy and security,...
  4. "You do not have permission to save to this location"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You do not have permission to save to this location": Hello I am on windows 10 and whenever I try to save something to my computer it tells me "You do not have permission to save to this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Pictures folder instead? [Yes] [No]" I am the sole...
  5. "You do not have permission to save to this location"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You do not have permission to save to this location": Hello I am on windows 10 and whenever I try to save something to my computer it tells me "You do not have permission to save to this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Pictures folder instead? [Yes] [No]" I am the sole...
  6. "You do not have permission to save to this location"

7. How do I solve You don't have permission to save in this location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I solve You don't have permission to save in this location?: Using Windows 10. When I save an image to a folder on my desktop. I get the error message You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Pictures folder instead? I would greatly appreciate any...
  8. How do I solve You don't have permission to save in this location?

How do I solve You don't have permission to save in this location?: Using Windows 10. When I save an image to a folder on my desktop. I get the error message You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Pictures folder instead? I would greatly appreciate any...
  9. How do I solve You don't have permission to save in this location?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. "You don't have permission to save in this location..." error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You don't have permission to save in this location..." error message: Was trying to download a driver and save it on the drive where my OS is installed. Got the error message that read "you don't have permission to save in this location...". So tried changing user access and now nothing works. I can't click on start or right click on any...