Windows 10: Location Privacy

Discus and support Location Privacy in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Long time ago I was using these keys to disable or turn off privacy / location: ;Location Device Off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kishvand, May 29, 2019.

1. Kishvand Win User

Location Privacy

Hello
    Long time ago I was using these keys to disable or turn off privacy / location:

;Location Device Off
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lfsvc\Service\Configuration]
    "Status"=dword:00000000

;Location Service Off
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeviceAccess\Global\{BFA794E4-F964-4FDB-90F6-51056BFE4B44}]
    "Value"="Deny"
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Sensor\Permissions\{BFA794E4-F964-4FDB-90F6-51056BFE4B44}]
    "SensorPermissionState"=dword:00000000

I found this post:
    Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10
    And it works now on 1903, but it seems that my keys above are no longer working on 1903.
    Am I right? Are above keys obsolete and no longer being used?
    thanks

:)

Kishvand, May 29, 2019

2. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, May 29, 2019
  3. Karen Her Win User
    Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, May 29, 2019
  4. Ripper3 Win User

Location Privacy

FS/FT Thread title location

One more suggestion for B/S/T forum is the inclusion of a location made mandatory.
    I know it's already possible, but there's a limited choice in locations, and not many people use it, assuming that because they're in the US, they don't need to.
    The problem from this comes when they state quite clearly (although sometimes not clearly at all), they only ship to the US.
    Making location mandatory in the thread title would save a bit of time and hassle, and would make searching the forum easier.

A suggestion for this: use the poster's location, if they've added a correct location, as the default.

It's not like it's an issue of privacy, the poster will tell where they're from within the post in a round-about way.

Not a big suggestion, but I thought I'd throw it in there.

Ripper3, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Location Privacy

1. Location Privacy - Similar Threads - Location Privacy

2. Cannot change default location in Window 11 Settings/Privacy & Security/Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change default location in Window 11 Settings/Privacy & Security/Location: My computer suddenly says my "location has changed" and so my time zone has changed to Pacific even though I'm in Eastern time zone. I tried to change my "default location" in settings but that button is grayed out and I cannot click on it. Help!...
  3. Cannot change default location in Window 11 Settings/Privacy & Security/Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change default location in Window 11 Settings/Privacy & Security/Location: My computer suddenly says my "location has changed" and so my time zone has changed to Pacific even though I'm in Eastern time zone. I tried to change my "default location" in settings but that button is grayed out and I cannot click on it. Help!...
  4. Location and camera privacy settings crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location and camera privacy settings crash: Camera on Lenovo laptop not workingAppears to be related to upgrade to windows 11 last monthUpdated driverWent through troubleshootReset camera appEtcWondering if it has something to do with this:When I try to access privacy settings for the camera and location services too...
  5. Location and camera privacy settings crash

Location and camera privacy settings crash: Camera on Lenovo laptop not workingAppears to be related to upgrade to windows 11 last monthUpdated driverWent through troubleshootReset camera appEtcWondering if it has something to do with this:When I try to access privacy settings for the camera and location services too...
  6. Windows 11 pro Location in Privacy & Security settings is not available to turn on. Why is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro Location in Privacy & Security settings is not available to turn on. Why is...: Windows 11 pro Location in Privacy & Security settings is not available to turn on.All is greyed out.Administrative MSN email logon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-location-in-privacy-security/9d3bca83-0791-4c6c-9dee-d1a496030450
  7. Windows 11 pro Location in Privacy & Security settings is not available to turn on. Why is...

Windows 11 pro Location in Privacy & Security settings is not available to turn on. Why is...: Windows 11 pro Location in Privacy & Security settings is not available to turn on.All is greyed out.Administrative MSN email logon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-location-in-privacy-security/9d3bca83-0791-4c6c-9dee-d1a496030450
  8. All my location privacy settings were disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my location privacy settings were disabled.: When open Settings, and go to Privacy > Location, I see that all the setting toggles were turned off. How can I turn it back to normal? Here is the screenshot. Thanks everyone....
  9. All my location privacy settings were disabled.

All my location privacy settings were disabled.: When open Settings, and go to Privacy > Location, I see that all the setting toggles were turned off. How can I turn it back to normal? Here is the screenshot. Thanks everyone....
  10. Does "Location" under Privacy & Security need to be turned off in order for apps/browsers...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does "Location" under Privacy & Security need to be turned off in order for apps/browsers...: I only noticed this option while using Windows 11, if I allow location to be used on accessed, on a site but did not enable location services in Windows settings, can my location still be accessed, or it won't work?...