Windows 10: Location Privacy

Discus and support Location Privacy in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Long time ago I was using these keys to disable or turn off privacy / location: ;Location Device Off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kishvand, May 29, 2019.

1. Kishvand Win User

Location Privacy

Hello
    Long time ago I was using these keys to disable or turn off privacy / location:

;Location Device Off
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lfsvc\Service\Configuration]
    "Status"=dword:00000000

;Location Service Off
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeviceAccess\Global\{BFA794E4-F964-4FDB-90F6-51056BFE4B44}]
    "Value"="Deny"
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Sensor\Permissions\{BFA794E4-F964-4FDB-90F6-51056BFE4B44}]
    "SensorPermissionState"=dword:00000000

I found this post:
    Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10
    And it works now on 1903, but it seems that my keys above are no longer working on 1903.
    Am I right? Are above keys obsolete and no longer being used?
    thanks

:)

Kishvand, May 29, 2019

2. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, May 29, 2019
  3. Karen Her Win User
    Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, May 29, 2019
  4. Ripper3 Win User

Location Privacy

FS/FT Thread title location

One more suggestion for B/S/T forum is the inclusion of a location made mandatory.
    I know it's already possible, but there's a limited choice in locations, and not many people use it, assuming that because they're in the US, they don't need to.
    The problem from this comes when they state quite clearly (although sometimes not clearly at all), they only ship to the US.
    Making location mandatory in the thread title would save a bit of time and hassle, and would make searching the forum easier.

A suggestion for this: use the poster's location, if they've added a correct location, as the default.

It's not like it's an issue of privacy, the poster will tell where they're from within the post in a round-about way.

Not a big suggestion, but I thought I'd throw it in there.

Ripper3, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Location Privacy

1. Location Privacy - Similar Threads - Location Privacy

2. How to change locations of Documents or Pictures to C:\Users\username\Documents or Pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change locations of Documents or Pictures to C:\Users\username\Documents or Pictures: In my new computer setup, Windows 10 set up the folders Documents and Pictures under "This PC" to C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents and C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Pictures. I want to set up these folders to C:\Users\username\Documents and C:\Users\username\Pictures. I...
  3. locating files on SD Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    locating files on SD Drive: I have an SD Card reader that was working the last time I used it. Now it isn't being recognized at all. How can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locating-files-on-sd-drive/ca5923f2-3082-4107-8a52-cea22733e14b
  4. Downloaded file not getting stored at desired location.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloaded file not getting stored at desired location.: Whenever I am logging in as a user and try to download and store a file at a particular location I get a message " C:\User\User1\Appdata\Local\Temp\HafrCLJ.pdf.part could not be saved , because you cannot change the contents of that folder. Change the folder properties and...
  5. Wasteland 2 save file location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wasteland 2 save file location.: Hi there, I've recently purchased the PC game pass as I wanted to play Wasteland 2, I am struggling to find a folder or any sort of recognition that my game is actually saving, apparently the game has a problem where the list of save files disappears, this is the problem...
  6. Device location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device location: Is there a way to be notified when one of my devices connects to the internet i had laptop stolen and been trying to track it but it hasnt connected to internet yet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-location/3f9c3532-884a-4cca-92e8-56dae9be82f8"
  7. My Privacy Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Privacy Location: My location shows wrong (Montreal) and efforts fail to correct it. Results in errors in my location in apps and websites. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-privacy-location/74da0ba3-c193-4dae-b8cd-92fb9d2875ee
  8. Windows Settings>Privacy>Location: *Some settings are hidden or managed by your...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Settings>Privacy>Location: *Some settings are hidden or managed by your...: Hello! This would be my first time posting in the Community. I hope someone could help me. As stated in the Subject, the location service is off and I am unable to turn it on. The Change button is also grayed out and cannot turn on or press it as well. I don't know what to do...
  9. Browser Location Privacy- How to Set

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Location Privacy- How to Set: Here's something I ran across you might find helpful if you're concerned about browser privacy and access to your location. It's easy to set virtually any browser to stop asking if it can access your location. There are steps outlined for Firefox, Chrome, Edge and IE. Firefox...
  10. Cortana Greyed Out in Privacy Settings Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Greyed Out in Privacy Settings Location: I have just bought a new computer with Win10 V.1607. I am trying to understand what is all very new to me. In Privacy, Settings/Location Location is turned on and I assume Location History is as well however the option to turn Cortana on or off under Choose Apps......... is...