Windows 10: location says Im in a different state.

Discus and support location says Im in a different state. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If I go to the maps for windows 10 it says that im in California when im actually in Michigan. It makes the time be 3 hours behind because it forces... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Andrew_Ferguson, Oct 3, 2020.

1. location says Im in a different state.

If I go to the maps for windows 10 it says that im in California when im actually in Michigan. It makes the time be 3 hours behind because it forces the time zone to be pacific rather than eastern, due to my location saying that im in California. Ive spent more than 10 hours trying to figure this out.

:)

Andrew_Ferguson, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Again, Location is not correct on the maps, Showing me in another state!

Hi Wael,

Wrong region settings or corruption may be the possible reason why a location was not correct or showing a different state. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to change it to the default location?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from making sure that region settings was correct?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot Cortana. You may expand each section and try performing the instructions that you have not yet done.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Hi Paul,

Wrong region settings or corruption may be the possible reason why a location was not correct or showing a different state. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to change it to the default location?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article to troubleshoot Cortana.
    You may expand each section and try performing the instructions that you have not yet done.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 3, 2020
  4. location says Im in a different state.

Cortana says need to access location

Ok I checked and my Country region is set to United States, use location is on. Cortana still says it needs permission to use location and is not listed in "apps that can use your location".

NunyaBizness_1962, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

location says Im in a different state.

1. location says Im in a different state. - Similar Threads - location says different

2. Windows saying that im in a organization when im not.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows saying that im in a organization when im not.: Ok, so i booted up my computer today, like an hour ago, and saw a message that i had to activate my windows.And i tought my windows was activated already, so i contacted to the person that made my computer and told me that it was already activated,then i saw that, all of the...
  3. Windows 10, Ethernet + Wi-Fi - Location services put computer in a different state.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10, Ethernet + Wi-Fi - Location services put computer in a different state.: When Wi-Fi ethernet adapter (intel-based chip) is turned on, location services fail. It shows me a thousand miles away. Wi-Fi isn't connected to a network. This is a desktop system, and the Wi-Fi adapter is a PCIx1 card. When I flip Wi-Fi off and only use Ethernet, my...
  4. Im not in a family but it says im in one.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Im not in a family but it says im in one.: when my father logs on to his account,it shows that he has sent me an invite,but i cant accept because im in another one where my father is but my father says im not? how can i leave the current family and join his....
  5. PC reports location in different state

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC reports location in different state: My PC is reporting its location in Salt Lake City, UT. I live in Kansas. This is a problem. It affects my time zone and location services. I have been unable to force my default location to change. Any suggestions?...
  6. Different temp location

Different temp location: What's the difference between C/windows/temp Vs Appdata/local/temp Experts reply it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-temp-location/643dd8a4-36f4-4d3f-b66d-eabe2e01f6e7"
  7. An erroneous state location

in Cortana
    An erroneous state location: Why am I getting two different home address state locations when I am entering personal information into drop down menus on certain web sites. One state location is correct, but the other is in another state all together. I suspect my computer profile is incorrect, but I do...
  8. Recent Activity - Location is different

Recent Activity - Location is different: Hi I checked my Recent Activity and noticed that my Location is quite different from where I am. I logged in using my desktop PC at home. I noticed also that the location looks like dependent on the IP address. Anyone can explain why this is happening? Or should I be...
  9. Change my city and state location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change my city and state location: How do I change my city and state location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-my-city-and-state-location/4767d750-610d-4bca-b7a2-05580fdb88e6
  10. Use different taskbar locations on different displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use different taskbar locations on different displays: When I first upgraded, the taskbar on my first display was located on the left side of the display and the taskbar on my second display was located on the bottom. I liked this. But I wanted to see how I'd like having both on left hand side. I went into taskbar properties....