Location seems to be set to the location of my ISP headquarters

Discus and support Location seems to be set to the location of my ISP headquarters in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, apologies if this has been posted before but I couldn't find anything by doing a search of this forum for this problem. Anyway, my default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wolfganggold, Jul 30, 2015.

1. wolfganggold Win User

Hi, apologies if this has been posted before but I couldn't find anything by doing a search of this forum for this problem.

Anyway, my default location in Windows 10 is somewhere in Lexington, KY. I live in Louisville, KY. So if I say to Cortana "Show me the nearest McDonalds", the list I get back is for Lexington. I have set my home location within Cortana's settings to my address in Louisville to no avail.

I've seen postings on this and other forums that say "you need to set your location manually" but I'll be damned if I can find where to actually do it.

Any ideas?

:)

wolfganggold, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Sachin Venkatesh Win User

The location for my surface 3 seems to be off by 100 miles when asking questions to Cortana.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to set the location off in Cortana?
    • What is the exact issue you are facing?
    • Is there any issue in Cortana where she is not replying back to your questions?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Maine MarketRefrigeration Win User
    The location for my surface 3 seems to be off by 100 miles when asking questions to Cortana.

Original title: location

The location for my surface 3 seems to be off by 100 miles when asking questions to Cortana

Maine MarketRefrigeration, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Location seems to be set to the location of my ISP headquarters - Similar Threads - Location seems set

2. Sharing My (yours if you have) 3D Builder Model Design

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing My (yours if you have) 3D Builder Model Design: Hey guys! Just want to share a 3D model design i made today. I'm trying to see how far i can take 3D builder. I also have the "casting" for the designs on on the table edges and feet. Took me about an hour to make this since i wasn't sure where i was going with it but now i...
  3. Updated: Black screen, little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated: Black screen, little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN,...: I shut down my laptop last night, get the dreaded black screen, and the little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN, really. Why is this still a problem, and like someone else posted... Why can we not opt out of updates...
  4. [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions: I came across this post, when researching the issue of security permissions being grayed out and not having the ability to save files. I then noticed this post was dated August 2015. Could this still be an issue with One Drive? My problem with not being able to save files...
  5. Voice Recorder slowing down my voice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Recorder slowing down my voice: Whenever I try to record audio using the voice record software it always slows down my voice. If I record for 1 hour and 10 minutes it'll say I was recording for 1 hour and 17 minutes. Why does this happen and/or how do I make it stop....
  6. I havent updated my windows since many days and now it wont update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I havent updated my windows since many days and now it wont update: I searched this sites Q/A faq and many places online, but didnt find a solution. The current updates going on in my windows 10, are: 2017-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1507 for x64-based Systems (KB4022727). Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems...
  7. i update windows 10 to vesion 1803 and now i cant set a stretch resolution for fortnite

i update windows 10 to vesion 1803 and now i cant set a stretch resolution for fortnite: i update windows 10 to vesion 1803 and now i cant set a stretch resolution for fortnite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/i-update-windows-10-to-vesion-1803-and-now-i-cant/ade8d237-3e4e-449e-9bef-e7d235a8d1ba"
  8. How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?

How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?: I am returning an Acer laptop which I replaced with a new laptop. Before returning the defective laptop, I want to delete my MS account, etc. I have deleted all files but it still shows my administrator name which is my MS email name and email. How do I remove it?...
  9. why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10: why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-does-the-brightness-dim-when-i-unplug-my/5dd8b3f2-997c-47d0-a067-7c6add0df685
  10. My NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M had the problem code 0000002B

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M had the problem code 0000002B: In the beginning of the year I got my 525M to work again until an update came by and it had the unforgiving (Code 43). Sometimes the 525M would turn into Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. On Saturday though it randomly started working again, but just this yesterday your...