Location seems to be set to the location of my ISP headquarters

Discus and support Location seems to be set to the location of my ISP headquarters in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi, apologies if this has been posted before but I couldn't find anything by doing a search of this forum for this problem. Anyway, my default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wolfganggold, Jul 30, 2015.

1. wolfganggold Win User

Hi, apologies if this has been posted before but I couldn't find anything by doing a search of this forum for this problem.

Anyway, my default location in Windows 10 is somewhere in Lexington, KY. I live in Louisville, KY. So if I say to Cortana "Show me the nearest McDonalds", the list I get back is for Lexington. I have set my home location within Cortana's settings to my address in Louisville to no avail.

I've seen postings on this and other forums that say "you need to set your location manually" but I'll be damned if I can find where to actually do it.

Any ideas?

:)

wolfganggold, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Sachin Venkatesh Win User

The location for my surface 3 seems to be off by 100 miles when asking questions to Cortana.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to set the location off in Cortana?
    • What is the exact issue you are facing?
    • Is there any issue in Cortana where she is not replying back to your questions?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Maine MarketRefrigeration Win User
    The location for my surface 3 seems to be off by 100 miles when asking questions to Cortana.

Original title: location

The location for my surface 3 seems to be off by 100 miles when asking questions to Cortana

Maine MarketRefrigeration, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Location seems to be set to the location of my ISP headquarters - Similar Threads - Location seems set

1. Bing Maps Location Recognition API Now Generally Available

in Windows 10 News
    Bing Maps Location Recognition API Now Generally Available: Today, we are pleased to announce the general availability release of the Bing Maps Location Recognition API that we previewed in last month’s blog post. Supercharge your applications to provide users with more context about what is nearby. Given a location (latitude,...
  2. Maps App - Directions can't find any starting location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maps App - Directions can't find any starting location: Hi, I almost never use the apps MS supplies. Reading a post, I thought I'd try Maps, and in particular its Directions feature. However, the starting point can never be found. I get Try entering a nearby location as the starting point. We couldn't find this one. I've tried...
  3. Cannot restore default location of Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot restore default location of Documents folder: I accidentically set the location of my Documents folder to D:\ and now cannot restore it to C:\Users\MyName\Documents. When I try this I get the message "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\System Volume Information. Access is denied". How can I...
  4. Unable to see network location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to see network location: Hi everyone, I have a USB drive connected to my TP-LINK Archer VR600 router. I've successfully set this drive as a network location on my laptop (running windows 10) with no issues whatsoever. However, when trying to do the exact same thing on my desktop PC, I'm unable to see...
  5. Setting the location for application data

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting the location for application data: Does anyone here know where/how you can set the location for an applications data? I'm in the process of tidying up the "My documents" folder on my PC and for some strange reason, along with all my documents, there are a number of folders belonging to applications installed...
  6. Assign different network profiles (locations) for Ethernet and Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assign different network profiles (locations) for Ethernet and Wi-Fi: Hi, I have tried to set my notebook to use the Private network profile (location) for Ethernet and use the Public network profile for Wi-Fi. But it turns out that it's impossible. When the network profile is changed for one of them, the other also changes automatically to...
  7. Search does not seem to search all locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Search does not seem to search all locations: I have OS as usual on C:\ I have my docs\pics\videos\music located on E:\ The files search function does not seem to work correctly ..... does not seem to accurately search the E:\ If I drive the search down to a particular folder it works OK ... but does not seem...