Windows 10: Location seems to be set to the location of my ISP headquarters

Discus and support Location seems to be set to the location of my ISP headquarters in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, apologies if this has been posted before but I couldn't find anything by doing a search of this forum for this problem. Anyway, my default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wolfganggold, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Location seems to be set to the location of my ISP headquarters

Hi, apologies if this has been posted before but I couldn't find anything by doing a search of this forum for this problem.

Anyway, my default location in Windows 10 is somewhere in Lexington, KY. I live in Louisville, KY. So if I say to Cortana "Show me the nearest McDonalds", the list I get back is for Lexington. I have set my home location within Cortana's settings to my address in Louisville to no avail.

I've seen postings on this and other forums that say "you need to set your location manually" but I'll be damned if I can find where to actually do it.

Any ideas?

:)

wolfganggold, Jul 30, 2015

2. The location for my surface 3 seems to be off by 100 miles when asking questions to Cortana.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to set the location off in Cortana?
    • What is the exact issue you are facing?
    • Is there any issue in Cortana where she is not replying back to your questions?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 30, 2015
  3. The location for my surface 3 seems to be off by 100 miles when asking questions to Cortana.

Original title: location

The location for my surface 3 seems to be off by 100 miles when asking questions to Cortana

Maine MarketRefrigeration, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Location seems to be set to the location of my ISP headquarters

1. Location seems to be set to the location of my ISP headquarters - Similar Threads - Location seems set

2. My location settings are greyed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My location settings are greyed out.: I am trying to turn on my location, but my choices are greyed out so I can't change them even though I am logged on as administrator. How can I turn these on or am I missing something?...
  3. There seems To Be Two Locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There seems To Be Two Locations: Hello , I'm not quite sure at all how this could have happened, but I "do" think it has "something" to do with OneDrive.Anyway, it seems for some time, as my main Pictures location, I've been using Users/Owner/OneDrive/Pictures and I found this out by stumbling across simply...
  4. Location Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Location Settings: I would like to change my Location settings (in Settings/Location) but the "Change button" is greyed ouy and says: "Location for this device is off". Also, marked in red, I see "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization" I use Windows 10 Home Version...
  5. Unable to set location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to set location: I go to the Privacy, then Location. But I can’t toggle the button, it is not working. How can I set location on my Windows 10 PC? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-set-location/9a7b9977-2f23-48e4-9b71-2d997de2824b
  6. How to accurately set my location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to accurately set my location?: Hi. I am using Windows 10 on my HP Envy laptop. I have noticed when I search for businesses, for example, the distance is incorrect. For example, a grocery store that is 3 miles away shows 8 miles away. My home location is shown as 27358 when it is actually 27410. How can I...
  7. Location setting?

Location setting?: How do I reset the computer location in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-setting/910961fa-5e64-47ca-9548-1288de411e19
  8. Location settings

Location settings: For some reason my location is not turned on according to some of the websites that I use. When I go to my Settings app I find that my location service is already turned on but I'm still being requested to turn it on. My banking website and Google maps are some of the sites....
  9. Cortana and Location settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Location settings: After a restart, Cortana always requests that I allow Location settings. I do that, and all is well, until the next restart, when the whole process needs to be repeated. It seems the location setting turn off by itself!!Please help 52732
  10. Setting a fixed location

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting a fixed location: I use a VPN and Cortana and the OS thinks I'm somewhere else. Is there anyplace to put a zip code to force the OS to think you're in a specific location? 15804