Windows 10: Location Service

Discus and support Location Service in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have location for device ON, location for maps ON. When I try to show my location in Map I get the following message: We're not allowed to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bnorcutt, Feb 27, 2016.

1. bnorcutt Win User

Location Service

I have location for device ON, location for maps ON.
    When I try to show my location in Map I get the following message:
    We're not allowed to find you, Location settings are turned off for Maps.
    To help us find you, change this in Settings.
    Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

bnorcutt, Feb 27, 2016

2. Location Services

Just to make sure, is this switch the one that you have turned off?

Location Service [​IMG]

What browser are you using? I know that Google Chrome has its own location checkbox inside its settings (it doesn't follow Windows settings).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 27, 2016
  3. Location Services

Even though I have turned off all location services, I still see the icon (bullseye) for a few seconds every time I connect to the internet. What causes this and why?

Customer#1, Feb 27, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User
  5. bnorcutt Win User
    As i already stated, location services are already turned ON

bnorcutt, Feb 27, 2016
  6. lmaneke Win User
    This problem seems to be new, as I cannot find any forums relating to this issue. I just tested maps on 3 PCS, running Windows 10 1511 10586.104, and all is good here. Hope someone has a solution.

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Location Service

1. Location Service - Similar Threads - Location Service

2. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location Services Disabled and Grayed out: Hi, I'm having a problem with location services being disabled. In Settings/Privacy/Location, "Allow access to location on this device" is off, and the "Change" button is grayed out. "Allow apps to access your location" is also set to "Off" and grayed out. Above everything,...
  3. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location Services Disabled and Grayed out: Hi, I'm having a problem with location services being disabled. In Settings/Privacy/Location, "Allow access to location on this device" is off, and the "Change" button is grayed out. "Allow apps to access your location" is also set to "Off" and grayed out. Above everything,...
  4. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. the location service does not turn on in any way, on a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the location service does not turn on in any way, on a laptop: Hello. who can tell, the location service does not turn on in any way, the ESET antivirus has already googled what it could, or how I can not find a way to turn it on and off freely, it is now disabled and not turned on ......
  6. the location service does not turn on in any way, on a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the location service does not turn on in any way, on a laptop: Hello. who can tell, the location service does not turn on in any way, the ESET antivirus has already googled what it could, or how I can not find a way to turn it on and off freely, it is now disabled and not turned on ......
  7. Location services

Location services: I am currently running Windows 10 on a Panasonic ToughBook CF-33 that does not have GPS hardware installed. I work from my truck in the middle of nowhere and several of the apps that I use require location data. My hotspot struggles to maintain connectivity to any LTE network...
  8. Microsoft account says this laptop location services are off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account says this laptop location services are off: But I'm sitting here connected to the internet and location services are indeed turned on. The switch says ON. Bing and Google maps launches with a dot on my location wherever i take my laptop. Directions begin where I sit. I really would like an answer to this. There seem to...
  9. Lost laptop : how do I track it when location services are are disabled

Lost laptop : how do I track it when location services are are disabled: My laptop was stolen two days ago I thought it was with me but it was not a stolen completely. How do I locate my laptop when location services are disabled for Microsoft 365?If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at ***-510-****Joseph Lovitt...
  10. Location service

Location service: Hi guys, I just lost my laptop last week and I tried using the track my laptop or sort of find my device feature but I have turned off location service on that laptop. There are quite a lot of my family photos especially my late father's photos in where I backed up all the...