Windows 10: Location Service

Discus and support Location Service in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have location for device ON, location for maps ON. When I try to show my location in Map I get the following message: We're not allowed to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bnorcutt, Feb 27, 2016.

1. bnorcutt Win User

Location Service

I have location for device ON, location for maps ON.
    When I try to show my location in Map I get the following message:
    We're not allowed to find you, Location settings are turned off for Maps.
    To help us find you, change this in Settings.
    Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

bnorcutt, Feb 27, 2016

2. Location Services

Just to make sure, is this switch the one that you have turned off?

Location Service [​IMG]

What browser are you using? I know that Google Chrome has its own location checkbox inside its settings (it doesn't follow Windows settings).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 27, 2016
  3. Location Services

Even though I have turned off all location services, I still see the icon (bullseye) for a few seconds every time I connect to the internet. What causes this and why?

Customer#1, Feb 27, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User
  5. bnorcutt Win User
    As i already stated, location services are already turned ON

bnorcutt, Feb 27, 2016
  6. lmaneke Win User
    This problem seems to be new, as I cannot find any forums relating to this issue. I just tested maps on 3 PCS, running Windows 10 1511 10586.104, and all is good here. Hope someone has a solution.

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Location Service

1. Location Service - Similar Threads - Location Service

2. Windows 10, Ethernet + Wi-Fi - Location services put computer in a different state.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10, Ethernet + Wi-Fi - Location services put computer in a different state.: When Wi-Fi ethernet adapter (intel-based chip) is turned on, location services fail. It shows me a thousand miles away. Wi-Fi isn't connected to a network. This is a desktop system, and the Wi-Fi adapter is a PCIx1 card. When I flip Wi-Fi off and only use Ethernet, my...
  3. Windows Remote services in one consolidated location?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Remote services in one consolidated location?: Hello I feel this service has been slowly expanding rapidly as the years have gone by we now have so many different Remote services options that this has become a security risk, is there a way to consolidate all of Microsoft's Remote desktop options to one location with all...
  4. Location Services greyed out "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Location Services greyed out "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your...: Hi : We just recently build few Surface Pro LTE devices, and we enrolled them via Autopilot hybrid joined. Soon once we finished provision those surfaces, I found out the location services is greyed out. also have red message on top saying *Some of these settings are hidden...
  5. Location services

Location services: Hello! I have trouble turning on my location. If I go to start and type "location", hit enter I'm in location privacy settings. There is a sign "Location for device is turned off" and under that is "Change", but it's grayed out, I can't click on it. At the top of the page...
  6. Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on: Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on-How to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-shows-washington-when-i-live-in-california/bb7b2d06-c66f-4b44-93e4-04189d0a310e
  7. Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on: Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on How can I get it to have the correct location?...
  8. services ex. location now hidden or under control of a nonexistent business organization?

services ex. location now hidden or under control of a nonexistent business organization?: Windows 10 - why are some services ex. location now hidden or under control of a nonexistent business organization? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/services-ex-location-now-hidden-or-under-control/f3ff0e8f-8f3e-465c-9a3c-2a786d032a59
  9. Cortana doesn't work with location services turned off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana doesn't work with location services turned off?: I recently switched from a windows phone to android... I loved my windows phone and the assistant, talk to text is essential to me. I work with sticky fingers all day and it's best if I reduce the amount of time I touch it. Anyway, trying to avoid the google dominance I tried...
  10. Unable to start Network Location Awareness service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to start Network Location Awareness service: Hi all, Can anyone advise how to get the Network Location Awareness service running again? It seems that because this service isn't running, Windows isn't "aware" that I'm online. And because it's not aware, I'm experiencing other issues eg it thinks my Windows isn't...