Windows 10: Location Service

Discus and support Location Service in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have location for device ON, location for maps ON. When I try to show my location in Map I get the following message: We're not allowed to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bnorcutt, Feb 27, 2016.

1. bnorcutt Win User

Location Service

I have location for device ON, location for maps ON.
    When I try to show my location in Map I get the following message:
    We're not allowed to find you, Location settings are turned off for Maps.
    To help us find you, change this in Settings.
    Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

bnorcutt, Feb 27, 2016

2. Location Services

Just to make sure, is this switch the one that you have turned off?

Location Service [​IMG]

What browser are you using? I know that Google Chrome has its own location checkbox inside its settings (it doesn't follow Windows settings).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 27, 2016
  3. Location Services

Even though I have turned off all location services, I still see the icon (bullseye) for a few seconds every time I connect to the internet. What causes this and why?

Customer#1, Feb 27, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User
  5. bnorcutt Win User
    As i already stated, location services are already turned ON

bnorcutt, Feb 27, 2016
  6. lmaneke Win User
    This problem seems to be new, as I cannot find any forums relating to this issue. I just tested maps on 3 PCS, running Windows 10 1511 10586.104, and all is good here. Hope someone has a solution.

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Location Service

1. Location Service - Similar Threads - Location Service

2. Windows Location Service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Location Service: Hi Is there a way to explicitly set or check from where the Windows Location Service obtains the position? I'm asking because I'm trying to use a Navilock NL-602U receiver u-blox 6 chip . It shows up in the device manager under Sensors as "u-blox 6 GPS Location Sensor"....
  3. Windows Search Service failed to process the list of included and excluded locations

in Cortana
    Windows Search Service failed to process the list of included and excluded locations: I get these messages in event viewer... Windows Search Service failed to process the list of included and excluded locations with the error <30,0x80004005, "file:///H:\[12ec3e10-d9b8-4e36-b244-57424d10a843]\" I'm having trouble with search not finding things, and I figure...
  4. Has there been a fix/patch for Windows 10 Location Services since 2017?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Has there been a fix/patch for Windows 10 Location Services since 2017?: I having a major problem with my geolocation services. I noticed a ton of forums on here of people with SIMILAR but not quite the same issues, and most of them are from 2017 or earlier without a solution ever figured out, at least on a publicly viewable one. The basics: When...
  5. Disallow access to Location Services in Windows 10

Disallow access to Location Services in Windows 10: Hi, I have sifted the whole net on how to prevent a user from modifying the settings found in the control panel and location services. Basically we have an app that accesses Location Service information and is dependent on this information and thus needs to be available...
  6. Opt out of location services

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Opt out of location services: Hello community My windows 10 machine is picking up the wrong time zone via device location service. I 'm thinking this is due to the wrong MAC address listed in Microsoft's location database. The access point was in the eastern time zone and I moved locations and now its in...
  7. Windows 10 Version 1903 Location Services Issues

Windows 10 Version 1903 Location Services Issues: Had anyone had any issues with location services not updating after the update to Version 1903? We have an application that is supposed to track your location as you are moving, but will only update when forced to refresh. It worked properly on the prior release of Windows...
  8. Windows location Services

Windows location Services: Hi Gurus, I am looking to find out if windows geo services write any logs or any logging can be enabled. Service is set to manual (trigger start) so is there any way we can find out what application is actually starting the service. When we go to Privacy Location...
  9. Location services greyed out in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Location services greyed out in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Location services on Windows 10 are sometimes reported to be greyed out automatically either by the Operating System or due to the presence of some third-party software. Due to this glitch, the user is not able to toggle their Location [...] This post...
  10. Windows 10 1903 - Location service GPS / GNSS not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1903 - Location service GPS / GNSS not working: I have a UBlox 7 GPS / GNSS USB stick that is working on 1809 on 2 different devices and not working on 1903 on 2 different devices (4 devices tested total) I've done the obvious of making sure location permissions are on and I have the correct sensor driver (v2.40)...