Windows 10: Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

Discus and support Location Services Disabled and Grayed out in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a problem with location services being disabled. In Settings/Privacy/Location, "Allow access to location on this device" is off, and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by purposeguy, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

Hi, I'm having a problem with location services being disabled. In Settings/Privacy/Location, "Allow access to location on this device" is off, and the "Change" button is grayed out. "Allow apps to access your location" is also set to "Off" and grayed out. Above everything, there is a message, "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization." So, some policy or registry setting is blocking me from enabling location services. But what? After lots of web searching, I've tried the following. I've done all of these things successfully and none has made any difference:1.

:)

purposeguy, Feb 15, 2022
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Location icon grayed out and not working in windows 10 creators update

We suggest that you check if the following service is enabled to activate the Location icon:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type service.msc in the Run dialog box and select
      Services.
    • Right-click on Windows Location Framework Service and click
      Stop
    • Once done, right-click again on Windows Location Framework Service and click
      Start.
    • If the service is enabled, try disabling and re-enabling and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Erika Aro, Feb 15, 2022
  3. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 15, 2022
  4. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

Location grayed out...Geolocation service is running

Hi Ming,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any hardware/software changes prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided by junaidsyed333 from the link below and check if it helps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...0/7ee1de02-82fb-4870-a88e-8a9fbc436959?auth=1

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 15, 2022
Thema:

Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

1. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out - Similar Threads - Location Services Disabled

2. SecurityHealthService.exe is missing - Security Center service is disabled and gray out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SecurityHealthService.exe is missing - Security Center service is disabled and gray out: How to enable Security Center and Window Security Service services as they are gray out and disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/securityhealthserviceexe-is-missing-security/89447d80-a1b3-4048-af26-505528bee99a
  3. SecurityHealthService.exe is missing - Security Center service is disabled and gray out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SecurityHealthService.exe is missing - Security Center service is disabled and gray out: How to enable Security Center and Window Security Service services as they are gray out and disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/securityhealthserviceexe-is-missing-security/89447d80-a1b3-4048-af26-505528bee99a
  4. SecurityHealthService.exe is missing - Security Center service is disabled and gray out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location Services Disabled and Grayed out: Hi, I'm having a problem with location services being disabled. In Settings/Privacy/Location, "Allow access to location on this device" is off, and the "Change" button is grayed out. "Allow apps to access your location" is also set to "Off" and grayed out. Above everything,...
  6. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Location Services Disabled and Grayed out: Hi, I'm having a problem with location services being disabled. In Settings/Privacy/Location, "Allow access to location on this device" is off, and the "Change" button is grayed out. "Allow apps to access your location" is also set to "Off" and grayed out. Above everything,...
  7. Location grayed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Location grayed: Windows 10 . Location change is grayed. I can't turn location on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-grayed/07373b95-ac6c-4749-9184-03df8a360073
  8. Windows Locations and Sensors are Grayed Out and Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Locations and Sensors are Grayed Out and Not Working: Some time ago, after the last major Windows update, I was unable to get my laptop to re-orient itself when in tablet mode. This is a problem that the sensors seem to not be enabled. I've checked in the registry and made sure they were enabled. When I go to the Privacy...
  9. Windows Installer service grayed out

Windows Installer service grayed out: Any have idea about Windows installer service gradyed out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installer-service-grayed-out/f1b6f3ad-ab7b-48b2-a572-13a4cbc6c191
  10. Location Services Grayed Out

Location Services Grayed Out: How do I turn on Location Services on my Windows 10 PC. I have tried many fixed from the Community but nothing has worked. Is there a real fix for this problem. Thank you. Richard...