Windows 10: Location Setting for web apps

Discus and support Location Setting for web apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I set a different location for my web apps on windows 10. Actually it's Windows 8 that has been upgraded to Windows 10 Thank you, P.S. Im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AngelaHanna, Jul 12, 2019 at 11:02 PM.

1. Location Setting for web apps

How do I set a different location for my web apps on windows 10. Actually it's Windows 8 that has been upgraded to Windows 10

Thank you,

P.S. Im trying to set my locations so it says I'm from a different state because im trying to get rid of a Stalker, Please Help Me!

:)

2. Karen Her Win User

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

3. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

4. Amit_Sun Win User

Location Setting for web apps

Changing Location for web services

Hello Danny,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I hope the below option helps you with this issue.

Please try method 1 and see if that helps, if you still face the issue, please reply to this post with answers to the question below.

How exactly are you searching for location through your browser?

Method 1:

• Click on Settings (by clicking on gear icon from the start menu).
    • Under the settings screen Click Privacy, then click Location.
    • Under the location screen turn on “Location services”.
    • Scroll down the same screen and find “Choose apps that can use your precise location”.
    • Turn this feature ON for the browsers and apps that you use for web services that use location.

For more information on the location subject please
    click here

Please follow the steps above and check if that helps, if you need any further help, feel free to reply with the question above and the error if you get any.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Thema:

Location Setting for web apps

1. Location Setting for web apps - Similar Threads - Location Setting web

2. locate a specific app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    locate a specific app: I can not arrange apps where I can find to one I want. Can they be arranged alphabetically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locate-a-specific-app/4132a94b-e728-41d7-9f86-860ccd7baa42
  3. Location setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location setting?: How do I reset the computer location in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-setting/910961fa-5e64-47ca-9548-1288de411e19
  4. Location settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location settings: For some reason my location is not turned on according to some of the websites that I use. When I go to my Settings app I find that my location service is already turned on but I'm still being requested to turn it on. My banking website and Google maps are some of the sites....
  5. Changing Location for web services

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Location for web services: I am using a mobile broadband modem with my PC. I live in Brisbane, but a search in any browser of my location places me in random locations, like Sydney or Adelaide. I would like to use web services like job and lifestyle websites. My mobile broadband provider says nothing...
  6. Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app

in Browsers and Email
    Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app: For the last two hours I have been trying to set Opera as web browser in default app under Default Apps in Settings. The only web browser is working with Microsoft Edge not other web browser. I am not sure how can I make Opera as default and rather use this not Microsoft...
  7. Change to Location of User Folders Not Reflected in Settings App

in Windows 10 Support
    Change to Location of User Folders Not Reflected in Settings App: I followed the tutorial Documents Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 to move my Documents folder to a separate partition. Did the same thing for my Music, Pictures and Video folders. Everything worked great. Nevertheless, the Win10 Settings app at Settings > Storage >...
  8. Cortana and Location settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Location settings: After a restart, Cortana always requests that I allow Location settings. I do that, and all is well, until the next restart, when the whole process needs to be repeated. It seems the location setting turn off by itself!!Please help 52732
  9. Setting a fixed location

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting a fixed location: I use a VPN and Cortana and the OS thinks I'm somewhere else. Is there anyplace to put a zip code to force the OS to think you're in a specific location? 15804
  10. The Progress of Web Apps

in Windows 10 News
    The Progress of Web Apps: j3RUD8qZXqI Editor’s Note – this post was originally posted on Medium and has been updated to reflect the latest information. Let’s talk about the progress of web apps. No, that’s not an autocorrect mistake from “progressive web apps” — let’s take a look at how the...