Windows 10: location setting in windows 10 home

Discus and support location setting in windows 10 home in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my location enable is greyed out in my privacy settings. I need to enable it. I have tried geo service setting with no luck.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by etrigan99camelot, Feb 13, 2020.

1. location setting in windows 10 home

my location enable is greyed out in my privacy settings. I need to enable it. I have tried geo service

setting with no luck.

:)

etrigan99camelot, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Karen Her Win User

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

location setting in windows 10 home

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

location setting in windows 10 home

1. location setting in windows 10 home - Similar Threads - location setting home

2. Setting Windows 10 location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting Windows 10 location: I have a desktop computer without a GPS device. When I visit https://account.microsoft.com/devices/find-my-device from my device and update its location, it comes close, but the location jumps around within about a two-block radius each time I refresh. I'd like to be able to...
  3. Location Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Location Settings: I would like to change my Location settings (in Settings/Location) but the "Change button" is greyed ouy and says: "Location for this device is off". Also, marked in red, I see "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization" I use Windows 10 Home Version...
  4. Home Location Wrong

Home Location Wrong: Every site I look at that needs a physical location where I live pulls up the wrong city. Where do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-location-wrong/9add4fe8-96fa-446a-a5fb-f9d145bca4d3
  5. Location Settings in Windows 10 1903

Location Settings in Windows 10 1903: Hello, I am hoping to take advice from the community on the process by which I can make changes to a Windows 10 PC to set the default location geolocation and allow Edge as an app which can access precise location. Current version in use is Windows 10 1903. While I...
  6. Windows 10 Location setting for laptop

Windows 10 Location setting for laptop: An app requires me to have location detection setting on in Windows 10. How do I turn that on. It is gray in the settings. DonP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-location-setting-for-laptop/d48de358-ac7f-4fb3-aa39-e676a86072d1
  7. Location setting?

Location setting?: How do I reset the computer location in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-setting/910961fa-5e64-47ca-9548-1288de411e19
  8. Location settings

Location settings: For some reason my location is not turned on according to some of the websites that I use. When I go to my Settings app I find that my location service is already turned on but I'm still being requested to turn it on. My banking website and Google maps are some of the sites....
  9. Location Settings Malfunctioning on Windows 10

Location Settings Malfunctioning on Windows 10: I am currently experiencing an issue with location settings on the two computers that I own. The newer one is a HP ENVY x350 Convertible (15-inch screen), model 15-bp008no, running Windows 10 Home Build 1803 (OS build 17134.165). The older one is a Dell XPS 17, model L702X,...
  10. Glitch in windows 10 location setting?

in Windows 10 Support
    Glitch in windows 10 location setting?: So whenever I click the button under Location for this device is on in the location setting this tiny black square shows up before the actual setting is this just me or happening to anyone else? [img] 92540