Windows 10: Location settings issue after the November, 12 update

Discus and support Location settings issue after the November, 12 update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to report a problem with the location settings after the Cumulative Update KB4524570 (1903-OS Build 18362.476). I've had disabled... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kauvin L., Nov 13, 2019.

1. Kauvin L. Win User

Location settings issue after the November, 12 update

Hello,

I would like to report a problem with the location settings after the Cumulative Update KB4524570 (1903-OS Build 18362.476). I've had disabled location detection on Location Privacy Settings and my apps were showing my 'default location' instead, but after the update these apps are now somehow getting my gps coordinates. I had to uninstall this update version to solve this issue and I will wait until a solution is given to update my device again.

Thanks for the consideration.

:)

Kauvin L., Nov 13, 2019
  2. Karen Her Win User

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Unable to find Windows 10 November update in Windows Update also Is Cortana available in India?

Hello Ravi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community and we apologies for the delay in responding.

Windows 10 build 10586.3 is the major update released by Microsoft on November 12. All the users will automatically receive the update. However if you still haven't received the update it might be Windows update issue, I
    suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update
    troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer
      and the Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    For reference: Windows 10 November update: FAQ

Also Cortana is now officially available in India.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Unable to turn on the Location from the Location Settings.

Hi Rafiul,

It is possible that the
    GPS chipset
    is not working properly causing your location settings to be
    disabled or cannot be turned on. Kindly run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on the
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

If the issue
    persists, we suggest that you contact your
    computer/laptop's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Location settings issue after the November, 12 update - Similar Threads - Location settings issue

2. BSOD Issues and restarts after updates in November

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Issues and restarts after updates in November: Hi, I have been having a lot of BSOD and restarts after starting up a game and/or even using google or youtube. I have tried updating all drivers and uninstalling reinstalling graphics driver, the deleting the second the Gaminput services thing, replaced my power supply and...
  3. BSOD Issues and restarts after updates in November

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Issues and restarts after updates in November: Hi, I have been having a lot of BSOD and restarts after starting up a game and/or even using google or youtube. I have tried updating all drivers and uninstalling reinstalling graphics driver, the deleting the second the Gaminput services thing, replaced my power supply and...
  4. The Answer To Network Issues After November Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Answer To Network Issues After November Update: If you have recently updated Microsoft Windows, and have lost the ability to view your networked computers or shared folders in File Explorer, here is the fix: On each networked computer, change the computer name to contain only capital letters without numbers, symbols, or...
  5. The Answer To Network Issues After November Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Answer To Network Issues After November Update: If you have recently updated Microsoft Windows, and have lost the ability to view your networked computers or shared folders in File Explorer, here is the fix: On each networked computer, change the computer name to contain only capital letters without numbers, symbols, or...
  6. The Answer To Network Issues After November Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. No picture after November Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No picture after November Update: I downloaded the November update through Windows update last night. There was also a bunch of other things that needed updating. Everything required a restart so I clicked restart and went to bed. I woke up this morning and I have no input signal to either of my monitors....
  8. Windows November 2019 update issue

Windows November 2019 update issue: I have a Lenovo Yoga 720. I was updating the laptop and it stopped. Now I go into a constant Startup repair, then diagnosing this PC loop. I've tried everything within the menus but they all come back with a message "Cannot auto-fix this PC". How do I get out of this?...
  9. Windows 10 update finishes on 12 November 2019 but on 1903

Windows 10 update finishes on 12 November 2019 but on 1903: Hello, A client of mine has updated his PC to 1903 (running winver confirms this) but he is getting messages saying that updates will cease on 12 November 2019. From a quick google that's when an earlier version of Windows 10 ends. I've attached a couple of photos he sent me....
  10. Search in Settings window after November update

in Windows 10 Support
    Search in Settings window after November update: The system Settings window has a search box in the upper right corner. Would anyone give me a single example of search term that finds anything by using that search box? It seems to work OK on my pre-1511 clean install. But on all updated machines it always comes up with...