Windows 10: Location settings

Discus and support Location settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason my location is not turned on according to some of the websites that I use. When I go to my Settings app I find that my location service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mollie1950, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Location settings

For some reason my location is not turned on according to some of the websites that I use. When I go to my Settings app I find that my location service is already turned on but I'm still being requested to turn it on. My banking website and Google maps are some of the sites.

:)

mollie1950, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Karen Her Win User

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Unable to turn on the Location from the Location Settings.

Hi Rafiul,

It is possible that the
    GPS chipset
    is not working properly causing your location settings to be
    disabled or cannot be turned on. Kindly run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on the
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

If the issue
    persists, we suggest that you contact your
    computer/laptop's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Location settings

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Location settings

1. Location settings - Similar Threads - Location settings

2. Store location based on Windows regional setting => Expats can never buy anything in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store location based on Windows regional setting => Expats can never buy anything in the...: My Windows regional setting is set to a different country to the place where I live. Trying to buy something in the Windows Store, the country and postcode are fixed to my Windows setting.How can I ever buy anything?...
  3. Store location based on Windows regional setting => Expats can never buy anything in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store location based on Windows regional setting => Expats can never buy anything in the...: My Windows regional setting is set to a different country to the place where I live. Trying to buy something in the Windows Store, the country and postcode are fixed to my Windows setting.How can I ever buy anything?...
  4. Automatic time zone sets wrong location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic time zone sets wrong location: So if my time zone is automatically set, it sets it to Mumbai India, i realise i can set it manually but it is an annoyance. Any ideas how to stop this...
  5. Automatic time zone sets wrong location

Automatic time zone sets wrong location: So if my time zone is automatically set, it sets it to Mumbai India, i realise i can set it manually but it is an annoyance. Any ideas how to stop this...
  6. Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fixes it.the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to use ms-settings: directly from the prompt.However, I'm...
  7. Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.

Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fixes it.the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to use ms-settings: directly from the prompt.However, I'm...
  8. Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Folder location of Settings app Fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder location of Settings app Fix: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fix it.I surfed the whole internet for hours just for you Ares79T the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to...
  10. Folder location of Settings app Fix

Folder location of Settings app Fix: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fix it.I surfed the whole internet for hours just for you Ares79T the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to...