Windows 10: Location tab does not appear

Discus and support Location tab does not appear in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, On some folders the Location tab does not appear. I try to change the location of onedrive folder tab but the location is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pmai, Nov 18, 2015.

1. pmai Win User

Location tab does not appear

Hello everyone,

On some folders the Location tab does not appear.
    I try to change the location of onedrive folder tab but the location is not displayed.
    Do you know why ?

:)

2. Location tab in Properties window -- textbox does not accept input.

I used this ability in Win 7 Pro to move the content of 'mandatory' folders onto different volumes. Now because Win 10 does not support the use of "mklink /J" I had to move things again.

I'm trying to clean up and undo old links and assignments made with the Location tab in the Properties window, but I'm getting an error 0x80070005 - Access Denied (BTW there is a malware / hijack site in the Google search when what looks like a hit for that
    error code is chosen from the quick searches -- BE CAREFUL!)

I've tried clearing & reassigning permissions, inheritance, groups, etc... without success. I've tried editing the Desktop.ini files to change the display name, etc... the fluff works, unfortunately the meat has been stripped from the bone.

There are many old articles that provide instructions, but it seems those capabilities have been reworked or stripped. I've tried editing HKCU\...\Explorer and other keys without success.

I read an article talking about how the Location tab was removed in an earlier build. It also mentioned that it was unknown if the feature would be implemented. Since the tab is present, I assume the decision to restore the functionality was approved.

Paul Passarelli, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Location tab in Properties window -- textbox does not accept input.

Worthless boilerplate answer. The feature was broken from the initial install (upgrade from Win 7 Pro). Further, since my 'puter got onto the 'anniversary update' path two days later, my ability to *revert* to my previous install of Windows 7 is gone, lost
    forever.

Also, since I was using Defender prior and subsequently to the upgrade, I don't expect it would miraculously capture anything it somehow chose to ignore previously.

For all these reasons, and many more, I have elected not to follow any of the above advice.

Because I had to make so many adjustments to my drive hierarchy during the *8* tries it took to upgrade from Win 7 to 10, I've decidedly run out of patience.

Because if the brittleness I've witnessed in the Win 10 UI, I fully expect that the system will fail completely within a few months, at which time I will wipe the OS, losing *ALL* my settings and preferences, and be forced to start over with another clean
    install.

Since the only two pieces of software that I have left which are inextricably linked to Windows OS are getting old, I may at that time make the switch to linux.

I began developing for Windows when Windows-386 was in beta, and got my first bowl of MCP alphabet soup in 1999 for giggles.

FWIW: The problem is likely due to the cockamame holdover mix of desktop.ini files, the public registry, the hidden registry, and the way NTFS secrets away certain vital information. There no *VALID* reason why the supposedly 'transparent' features like
    mklink /J don't work for certain directories, or why they break when booted from another partition.

Too many things have been deemed inaccessible 'For Your Own Good' yet so many security flaws exist, it makes me wonder if the lunatics are running the asylum.

Paul Passarelli, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

Location tab does not appear

1. Location tab does not appear - Similar Threads - Location tab does

2. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab: When I click to downloads it take me to OneDrive folder, instead of download. My Download folder's location changed to OneDrive and I can't change this ,because location tab is not showing....
  3. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab: When I click to downloads it take me to OneDrive folder, instead of download. My Download folder's location changed to OneDrive and I can't change this ,because location tab is not showing....
  4. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Security Tab does not appear, I have tried everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Tab does not appear, I have tried everything: 64 bits. Windows 10 Home Single Language Windows Feature Experience Pack Hello! I need to open the security tab on my files properties to be able to use a function on Adobe Reader. I have tried everything, command prompt, local group policy editor and registry editor....
  6. No Location Tab - Screenshots folder

No Location Tab - Screenshots folder: Hoping someone can help? I want to change the default folder where screenshots are saved. I've opened properties dialogue box to change the path - there is no location tab? Every help article I've researched refers to changing the saved path via the location tab? Any help...
  7. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games: Hello all, I've just moved over from Windows 7 and am trying to find a way to turn 10's alt-tab functionality back to the way it was in 7. For example, let's say i'm playing WoW. On Windows 7 I would generally alt-tab and my task bar would appear on my main monitor for me...
  8. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game: Hello all, I've just moved over from Windows 7 and am trying to find a way to turn 10's alt-tab functionality back to the way it was in 7. For example, let's say i'm playing WoW. On Windows 7 I would generally alt-tab and my task bar would appear on my main monitor for me...
  9. Location-tab in Properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location-tab in Properties: Hallo! I am using windows10 In all my property-windows I am missing my "Location3-tab. So I can't move certain personal files in a proper way. Can someone help me with this?...
  10. Default Save Location and Location Tab

Default Save Location and Location Tab: Default Save Location allows you to change which drive information is store on. But there is already a Location tab in folder properties to do that. You may need to streamline the default save location so you can do the same thing in Control Panel....