Windows 10: Location-tab in Properties

Discus and support Location-tab in Properties in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hallo! I am using windows10 In all my property-windows I am missing my "Location3-tab. So I can't move certain personal files in a proper way. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stefadriaenssens, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Location-tab in Properties

Hallo!

I am using windows10

In all my property-windows I am missing my "Location3-tab.

So I can't move certain personal files in a proper way.

Can someone help me with this?

:)

Stefadriaenssens, Jul 28, 2019

2. Documents Location Changed But Property Location Is Correct - ???

I can't figure out why E:\Gary can't be seen in File Explorer.

Sooooo .... let's try to get the special User folders back to normal

These are ok per the location tab you posted
    Music C:\Users\Gary\Music
    Pictures C:\Users\Gary\Pictures

Location-tab in Properties [​IMG]

Documents: E:\Videos\Documents location points to E:\Gary\Documents
    Videos: E:\Videos location points to E:\Videos (Could you confirm that with the properties> location tab)

Try this in this order

On E:\Videos\Documents
    Select properties > location tab
    Press the [ Restore Default ] button
    Yes to move files if prompted

On E:\Videos
    Select properties > location tab
    Press the [ Restore Default ] button
    Yes to move files if prompted

That should put the two user folders back on C:\Users\Gary - please confirm the locations after restoring the default

If everything looks good, then all that is left is to figure out why E:\Gary isn't visible in File Explorer
    Then put the folders where you want them. I might suggest a different structure if this becomes a sticky mess

Something like E:\Usr\Gary\Userfolders - but see if the above resolves the issue.

It's very possible that E:\Gary is really E:\Videos and is masked by the slight of hand Windows does with the special folders.

Slartybart, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

Hi Gokul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

• Right Click on Downloads folder.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Select Location tab.
    • Click on Move and choose your location.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Location-tab in Properties

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Location-tab in Properties

1. Location-tab in Properties - Similar Threads - Location tab Properties

2. Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window: Hello,I have a problem:We used to use Roaming profiles and are now migrating to Onedrive, but when I turned off file sync and removed roaming profile from users in AD I noticed that I can change the location to default for music, videos and pictures, but not for documents...
  3. Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window: Hello,I have a problem:We used to use Roaming profiles and are now migrating to Onedrive, but when I turned off file sync and removed roaming profile from users in AD I noticed that I can change the location to default for music, videos and pictures, but not for documents...
  4. Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No Location tab in Properties in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    No Location tab in Properties in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]When you right-click on folders that support being moved on your Windows 11/10 computer, in the Folder Properties box, you will see the Location tab. But if for some reason the Location tab in properties is missing, then we show you how you can add it back. No...
  6. Lost screenshots; location tab missing from properties

Lost screenshots; location tab missing from properties: Hi community! I am so distressed and hope someone here can help. I am working a job where I need to take a ton of screenshots daily literally hundreds so in order to keep things organized I stupidly thought it would be easier to change where screenshots were stored. My plan...
  7. Windows Properties Location Tab is gone?!

Windows Properties Location Tab is gone?!: Hi, If I change the location for a folder the location Tab does not shown any more, so How can I let Location Tab to be shown and visible all the time? [ATTACH]...
  8. No locations tab for documents when I click properties.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No locations tab for documents when I click properties.: Hi! This is my first post ever on Reddit, sadly it will be used to ask the question of, "How do I get my locations tab back when I click properties?" I've searched everywhere for this simple question but, I can't seem to find a solution to my problem. I feel like my laptop...
  9. Regular subdirectories missing and "location" tab missing in properties

Regular subdirectories missing and "location" tab missing in properties: Hi - I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I am setting up a new PC which has an SSD C: for programs and HDD D: for data. I have successfully relocated the regular subdirectories Docs/photos etc. to the HDD for my profile, but when I attempt the same for other...
  10. Missing Location Tab from all Personal folders properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Location Tab from all Personal folders properties: other tabs (Sharing - Security - Customize) were missing also but I can restore them by adding some registry keys but now I still don't have location tab I have tried this solution and it doesn't work Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. location tab properties windows

2. there is no location tab menu in windows 10 folder property