Windows 10: Location Tab Missing from Almost All Folders

Discus and support Location Tab Missing from Almost All Folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; WinVer = 19041.508 With one exception (and that one's Location Tab doesn't work), none of my folders, including new ones I create myself, have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HoggyDog, Oct 11, 2020.

1. HoggyDog Win User

Location Tab Missing from Almost All Folders

WinVer = 19041.508

With one exception (and that one's Location Tab doesn't work), none of my folders, including new ones I create myself, have Location tabs.

I did a due-diligence search and was overjoyed when I came up with this:
    How to Add or Remove Location tab in Folder Properties in Windows 10

I d/l the Add file and ran it, no problems. Sadly, it did nothing- my folders still don't have a Location tab.

Please, I'm getting desperate- I need to unleash a few Location redirects before I completely fill up my System SSD. Can someone please help me get Location tabs on my folders? If nothing else, at least on new folders that I create on my Gaming drive? It's absurd that they are not there by default!

Thanks.

:)

HoggyDog, Oct 11, 2020

2. Video Folder missing from user account folder and location tab missing...

Hi

I'm using version W10 x64 1803.

I wanted to relocate the Videos folder and found the location tab is missing from the properties. I then realised that the Videos folder no longer appears in my user account folder.

I had previously moved the Video folder from the default location.

Seems like my current Video folder is no longer seen as one of the special user account folders.

Would appreciate any suggestions on how I can fix this.

No other issues with my system which runs absolutley fine.

Thanks for your time.

B_R

Board_Room, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Location Tab Missing from Almost All Folders - Similar Threads - Location Tab Missing

2. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: As requested by Ramesh Srinivasan I am opening a new thread but as I posted in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-documents-folder-location-tab-that-is/89a13aaa-0d79-4353-a669-871ac8024949 I have the same problem.Just bought a new HP...
  3. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: As requested by Ramesh Srinivasan I am opening a new thread but as I posted in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-documents-folder-location-tab-that-is/89a13aaa-0d79-4353-a669-871ac8024949 I have the same problem.Just bought a new HP...
  4. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: How do I restore Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from properties notwithstanding that fact that \{4a7ded0a-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103{ was added to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\. Documents with a significant...
  5. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: How do I restore Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from properties notwithstanding that fact that \{4a7ded0a-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103{ was added to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\. Documents with a significant...
  6. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab: When I click to downloads it take me to OneDrive folder, instead of download. My Download folder's location changed to OneDrive and I can't change this ,because location tab is not showing....
  7. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab: When I click to downloads it take me to OneDrive folder, instead of download. My Download folder's location changed to OneDrive and I can't change this ,because location tab is not showing....
  8. Lost screenshots; location tab missing from properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost screenshots; location tab missing from properties: Hi community! I am so distressed and hope someone here can help. I am working a job where I need to take a ton of screenshots daily literally hundreds so in order to keep things organized I stupidly thought it would be easier to change where screenshots were stored. My plan...
  9. ALMOST ALL FILES ARE MISSING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALMOST ALL FILES ARE MISSING: Hi, Started my computer and noticed my desktop was almost blank, all loose files were gone but still the 2 folders I always have there where available. But when opening these folders I noticed only a few subfolders were left and each time with no files in them. I' ve...
  10. Missing Location Tab from all Personal folders properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Location Tab from all Personal folders properties: other tabs (Sharing - Security - Customize) were missing also but I can restore them by adding some registry keys but now I still don't have location tab I have tried this solution and it doesn't work Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10...