Windows 10: Location unknown We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days

Discus and support Location unknown We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I located my stolen laptop two at two separate locations. The last time was two weeks ago, and the location and battery power did not change until I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by John B 2023, May 14, 2023.

1. Location unknown We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days

I located my stolen laptop two at two separate locations. The last time was two weeks ago, and the location and battery power did not change until I received the message above last night.Police have been reported to, but have been no help. Does this mean it has been wiped clean? I also hit the lock my device button the first time I located it, and since it was subsequently online after that, I was hoping it would have been locked, but I never received an email confirming it was locked.I assume the laptop is gone forever, but any advice would be welcomed. This has been a nightmare and I'm a

:)

John B 2023, May 14, 2023
  2. Ripper3 Win User

FS/FT Thread title location

One more suggestion for B/S/T forum is the inclusion of a location made mandatory.
    I know it's already possible, but there's a limited choice in locations, and not many people use it, assuming that because they're in the US, they don't need to.
    The problem from this comes when they state quite clearly (although sometimes not clearly at all), they only ship to the US.
    Making location mandatory in the thread title would save a bit of time and hassle, and would make searching the forum easier.

A suggestion for this: use the poster's location, if they've added a correct location, as the default.

It's not like it's an issue of privacy, the poster will tell where they're from within the post in a round-about way.

Not a big suggestion, but I thought I'd throw it in there.

Ripper3, May 14, 2023
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Locate device

Hello,

Are these the steps you're doing when trying to locate your device?

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/devices
      . If you're asked to sign in, use the same Microsoft account you used to sign in to the lost device.
    • Choose your device from the list, then select Find my device.
    • You'll see a map with a highlighted location. However, this may not be your device's current location. When a Microsoft device is turned on, we periodically save your device location, so check the
      Last seen at timestamp.
    • In the meantime, we'll automatically start a new search. Wait a bit and the new device location should appear.

You can also have the option of locking the device to render it useless unless that the person knows your credentials. Here's how:

• When you find your device on the map, select Lock > Next.
    • Type a lock-screen message for anyone who finds your device to see.
    • Select Lock. Note that anyone who finds your locked device can't sign in unless they are an admin for a Microsoft account already on the device.
    Reset your password
    Once your device is locked, you should reset your password for added security. Select
    Reset password and follow the instructions.

I'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, May 14, 2023
  4. soletsky Win User

Location unknown We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days

unlock sim t-mobile lumia 521

Thanks for your suggestion, but this is a prepaid phone --- no contract. As I said T-Mobile lists the number under an unknown carrier and suggested I contact Microsoft.

soletsky, May 14, 2023
Thema:

Location unknown We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days

1. Location unknown We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days - Similar Threads - Location unknown can’t

2. Unknown Device - Location 22

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Device - Location 22: Hello! I have an unknown device that I am not able to install/reinstall or figure out what is going on. This is the Hardware IDS : USB\ASMEDIAROOT_Hub&VID1B21&PID2142&VER01166101The device appears under "other devices" called "unknown Device". I tried to install and reinstall...
  3. Unknown Device - Location 22

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Device - Location 22: Hello! I have an unknown device that I am not able to install/reinstall or figure out what is going on. This is the Hardware IDS : USB\ASMEDIAROOT_Hub&VID1B21&PID2142&VER01166101The device appears under "other devices" called "unknown Device". I tried to install and reinstall...
  4. System used 40GB of data past 30 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System used 40GB of data past 30 days: In Data Usage, it says that my system has used 42GB of data the past 30 days. Is this normal?I have 160GB used total the past 30 days, 100GB to firefox, 6GB to javaw. I have also noticed my internet being slower than usual, especially in games.If this is not normal, what...
  5. System used 40GB of data past 30 days

System used 40GB of data past 30 days: In Data Usage, it says that my system has used 42GB of data the past 30 days. Is this normal?I have 160GB used total the past 30 days, 100GB to firefox, 6GB to javaw. I have also noticed my internet being slower than usual, especially in games.If this is not normal, what...
  6. Location unknown We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location unknown We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days: I located my stolen laptop two at two separate locations. The last time was two weeks ago, and the location and battery power did not change until I received the message above last night.Police have been reported to, but have been no help. Does this mean it has been wiped...
  7. Location unknown We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days

Location unknown We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days: I located my stolen laptop two at two separate locations. The last time was two weeks ago, and the location and battery power did not change until I received the message above last night.Police have been reported to, but have been no help. Does this mean it has been wiped...
  8. Location not working since past weeks

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Location not working since past weeks: Hello. I have two children with Android phones REDMI 9A. We have used Microsoft Family Safety for a few years and location tracking has worked perfectly until a few weeks ago when it stopped updating their locations.I looked at every setting on both their phones, making sure...
  9. Location not working since past weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location not working since past weeks: Hello. I have two children with Android phones REDMI 9A. We have used Microsoft Family Safety for a few years and location tracking has worked perfectly until a few weeks ago when it stopped updating their locations.I looked at every setting on both their phones, making sure...
  10. Location not working since past weeks