Windows 10: Location - what controls it,

Discus and support Location - what controls it, in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently changed ISP and have noticed that my location has changed from Sydney (NSW) to a location in Queensland. Who actually controls this? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kodi, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Kodi Win User

Location - what controls it,

I have recently changed ISP and have noticed that my location has changed from Sydney (NSW) to a location in Queensland. Who actually controls this? I don't want to use a VPN as this slows my computer.
    How can i change My location to it's correct location in Sydney

:)

2. NOPD Win User

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

3. STEvil Win User
    Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Deepika Gowda Win User

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Location - what controls it, - Similar Threads - Location controls

2. Location is Always Wrong..

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location is Always Wrong..: Windows 10 is always wrong on my location by 50 miles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-is-always-wrong/3f35c34c-27f2-407d-b01d-335bda14b354
  3. Cannot Restart Network Location Awareness service on Local Computer, Error 1051

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Restart Network Location Awareness service on Local Computer, Error 1051: Hi, all. So my problem is this: when I attempt to restart Network Awareness Service (which sometimes comes up as a solution to fix connectivity issues with Microsoft services such as Microsoft Store through VPN or for other reasons), I get the message "Windows could not stop...
  4. I messed up moving Documents folder location to D:\

in Windows 10 Support
    I messed up moving Documents folder location to D:\: I messed up trying to move my Documents folder location to my D:\ data partition. I was following this tutorial, but not carefully enough: Documents Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 I didn't create a new Documents folder on the D:\ partition first, as the tutorial says...
  5. Turn location sensor on

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn location sensor on: I'm trying to turn on my location sensor in Windows 10, but I keep getting a "some settings are hidden by your organization" message. I'm the only user of this machine and I am not part of any 'organization'. Is there a way to get around this roadblock? 119674
  6. how do i locate my dvd drive in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i locate my dvd drive in windows 10: cant find my dvd drive on my laptop same with bluetooth to add wireless blue tooth earbuds. upgraded to windows 10 recently. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-locate-my-dvd-drive-in-windows-10/535d6a3a-b769-4e9b-a2cc-7ee60c898ad8
  7. Windows 10, Tablet Mode, Locking Tiles in chosen location?

Windows 10, Tablet Mode, Locking Tiles in chosen location?: I am using a Surface Pro. Windows 10. In tablet mode, I arrange the start tiles the way I prefer them. First column has 2 larger groups; the second column has 3 small groups. When I switch to laptop mode and back to tablet mode, the system rearranges the tiles. It moves...
  8. Download problems after changing location from C to D

in Windows 10 Support
    Download problems after changing location from C to D: Hi, I just bought new computer that has Windows 10. Before I was using Vista. Drive C is smaller and I wanted to use it only for system files. So I have changed location for downloading files to D in computer settings and in my Firefox. But files either don`t download at all...
  9. Why is windows going to erase files when I change my save location to my secondary hard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows going to erase files when I change my save location to my secondary hard...: Hi, I just saw that Forza Motorsport 6 is free and I pressed install but it said there is no room on the drive so it wanted me to open some room for it. Instead I went for changing save location but it said this is going to erase the other applications on the secondary...
  10. Locating the GUID of an item in Control Panel

Locating the GUID of an item in Control Panel: Hi Guys, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, so I now have an item (Windows 7 Backup & Recovery) in my control panel. I'd like to know the GUID for this Windows 7 Backup & Recovery item. Is there a way I can achieve that? Regards, Andrew 51469