Windows 10: Location - what controls it,

Discus and support Location - what controls it, in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently changed ISP and have noticed that my location has changed from Sydney (NSW) to a location in Queensland. Who actually controls this? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kodi, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Kodi Win User

Location - what controls it,

I have recently changed ISP and have noticed that my location has changed from Sydney (NSW) to a location in Queensland. Who actually controls this? I don't want to use a VPN as this slows my computer.
    How can i change My location to it's correct location in Sydney

:)

2. NOPD Win User

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

3. STEvil Win User
    Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Location - what controls it,

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Location - what controls it,

1. Location - what controls it, - Similar Threads - Location controls

2. Is there a location to install the drivers for an xbox one controller on windows, my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a location to install the drivers for an xbox one controller on windows, my...: My controller will not connect via wire to my PC, have tried plugging into USB port on mother board but no luck. Tried to manually chnage the driver but my PC does not seem to have the controller drivers....
  3. Is there a location to install the drivers for an xbox one controller on windows, my...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a location to install the drivers for an xbox one controller on windows, my...: My controller will not connect via wire to my PC, have tried plugging into USB port on mother board but no luck. Tried to manually chnage the driver but my PC does not seem to have the controller drivers....
  4. Is there a location to install the drivers for an xbox one controller on windows, my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Volume control location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume control location: Is there away to move the volume indicator from the bottom back to the top left? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control-location/cd140cc8-7126-4b5d-b788-8402b075fbc7
  6. Volume control location

Volume control location: Is there away to move the volume indicator from the bottom back to the top left? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control-location/cd140cc8-7126-4b5d-b788-8402b075fbc7
  7. control panel original location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    control panel original location: I'm using Windows 11 Pro 21J2 installed on 10/9/2021 OS build 22000.795. 16.0 GB Installed RAM, Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10710U CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.61 GHz.Control Panel and Network have moved to my Desktop. When I do a search the "original location" is the desktop. I would like...
  8. control panel original location

control panel original location: I'm using Windows 11 Pro 21J2 installed on 10/9/2021 OS build 22000.795. 16.0 GB Installed RAM, Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10710U CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.61 GHz.Control Panel and Network have moved to my Desktop. When I do a search the "original location" is the desktop. I would like...
  9. Gain control of my location service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gain control of my location service: I followed recommendations on YouTube to check and fix my system running on Windows 11 for any virus/malware with "TRON". Thereafter the location service on my PC cannot be switched back on...it says that "Some of these settings are managed by your organisation". How can I...
  10. Gain control of my location service

Gain control of my location service: I followed recommendations on YouTube to check and fix my system running on Windows 11 for any virus/malware with "TRON". Thereafter the location service on my PC cannot be switched back on...it says that "Some of these settings are managed by your organisation". How can I...