Windows 10: Location

Discus and support Location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why my weather app shows a wrong location? it is in Kolkata and shows New Delhi.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SubhasisGhosh, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Location

Why my weather app shows a wrong location? it is in Kolkata and shows New Delhi.

:)

SubhasisGhosh, Feb 2, 2019

2. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Karen Her Win User
    Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Location

my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Location - Similar Threads - Location

2. My device was stolen and I can't locate it. If I remove it from my Microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device was stolen and I can't locate it. If I remove it from my Microsoft account...: My device was stolen and I haven't been able to locate it on 'My Devices'. If I remove it from my Microsoft account devices will it remove the bitlocker encryption? Or will the bitlocker encryption remain regardless? Thanks for any info....
  3. My device was stolen and I can't locate it. If I remove it from my Microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My device was stolen and I can't locate it. If I remove it from my Microsoft account...: My device was stolen and I haven't been able to locate it on 'My Devices'. If I remove it from my Microsoft account devices will it remove the bitlocker encryption? Or will the bitlocker encryption remain regardless? Thanks for any info....
  4. Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.: I cannot delete it, rename it or move it. When I try to delete it, it will say that the file is not located there anymore. I have tried to use command prompt yet nothing worked. I delete the original folder but the duplicate still exist but doesn't contain anything even if it...
  5. Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.: I cannot delete it, rename it or move it. When I try to delete it, it will say that the file is not located there anymore. I have tried to use command prompt yet nothing worked. I delete the original folder but the duplicate still exist but doesn't contain anything even if it...
  6. Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.

7. Win 10. Location of a dump file after BSOD ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10. Location of a dump file after BSOD ?: Win 10. I'm looking for the dmp file after the BSOD. I can't find any *.dmp file or Minidump/memory folder even if I confirm showing hidden system files. Does this mean that my Win 10 does not create them ? Thanks....
  8. Win 10. Location of a dump file after BSOD ?

Win 10. Location of a dump file after BSOD ?: Win 10. I'm looking for the dmp file after the BSOD. I can't find any *.dmp file or Minidump/memory folder even if I confirm showing hidden system files. Does this mean that my Win 10 does not create them ? Thanks....
  9. Win 10. Location of a dump file after BSOD ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Change Windows 11 default file scan location

Change Windows 11 default file scan location: I have Windows 11. My scanner automatically saves scans to OneDrive, but I want to save them locally on my PC.This article claims to show how to do it:...