Windows 10: Lock a single window open.

Discus and support Lock a single window open. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi There, I have a unique use case. My grandfather is 101 and going strong on the computer. He is starting to experience some difficulty though. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Doug123, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Doug123 Win User

Lock a single window open.

Hi There,

I have a unique use case. My grandfather is 101 and going strong on the computer. He is starting to experience some difficulty though. The only thing that he wants to use the computer for is his email - and these days is often accidentally closing his email. He has no interest in a tablet or other mobile device. Hence the reason for my question:

Is there some method (open to third party software) to lock his browser open? If I could turn off the three buttons in the top right, that would likely do the trick.

Thank you.

:)

Doug123, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Jacee Win User

Is there any Browser locking software to lock down browsers?

Read this about Firefox ....... How do I lock my Firefox browser?

Steps To Lock Mozilla Firefox With A Password

• Open Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools -> Add-ons.
    • An Add-ons window will appear with a search box. ...
    • At the top of all, you will see Master Password+ add-on. ...
    • After installing, it will ask you to restart the browser.
    • After restarting, you will see a lock icon in the address bar.
    Nov 24, 2018

How To Lock Mozilla Firefox And Chrome With A password ...

https://www.techuntold.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener">

Jacee, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Lock a single window open. - Similar Threads - Lock single window

2. Problem with single click to open apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with single click to open apps.: I recently decided to try out Win 11. I really love and hate the single click to open programs. If I hover over something in file explorer, it changes the name of my file like I clicked on it. This has been an extremely annoying side effect of this feature. Are there any...
  3. Problem with single click to open apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with single click to open apps.: I recently decided to try out Win 11. I really love and hate the single click to open programs. If I hover over something in file explorer, it changes the name of my file like I clicked on it. This has been an extremely annoying side effect of this feature. Are there any...
  4. single click to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    single click to open: I have an issue as my laptop switched to single click to open by itself and now iam having a hard time with it i really want to fix it soon back to double click . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-click-to-open/62914780-06c6-4b6e-b650-0db0bb798ba9
  5. single click to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    single click to open: I have an issue as my laptop switched to single click to open by itself and now iam having a hard time with it i really want to fix it soon back to double click . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-click-to-open/62914780-06c6-4b6e-b650-0db0bb798ba9
  6. single click to open

7. Single Click is Opening Application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Single Click is Opening Application: Before in order to open any application on the desktop we use to double click, now after Windows 10 update, when I click just once to select it on the desktop, it is opening the application. How to revert back to previous settings, please help...
  8. Lock backround prosesses to a single core.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock backround prosesses to a single core.: Is it possible to somehow make it so that all backround prosesses (that use like 1% of the cpu or less) only use a single core? I would think it could possibly improve performance. I dont know though. submitted by /u/canyoukysnow [link] [comments]...
  9. Single click open won't disengage

in Windows 10 Support
    Single click open won't disengage: I am helping a friend transfer her files from her old laptop to a new one. Everything is done but she changed it to one click opening. While helping her with the reinstallation of her programs and data I found the single click open being confusing so I went to control...
  10. Open an Elevated Shortcut as single program?

Open an Elevated Shortcut as single program?: Hi, so a while ago I followed this tutorial and it worked great, but something has been bothering me with the way it works and I can't seem to find a solution for it (I'm not really sure how to explain/look it up either). I was really hoping someone could help me with this....