Windows 10: Lock account name under Windows 10?

Discus and support Lock account name under Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In my event log, a 2nd account keeps popping up, with a $ behind it (so to speak DESKTOP-HWEGRZD$). I can't find any exact information about it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Maldweister74, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Lock account name under Windows 10?

In my event log, a 2nd account keeps popping up, with a $ behind it (so to speak DESKTOP-HWEGRZD$). I can't find any exact information about it on google, so I wanted to block the account for test purposes. The account name does not appear in the registry either.

Is that possible?

:)

Maldweister74, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Lock account name under Windows 10? :(

Zakin, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Lock account name under Windows 10?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Lock account name under Windows 10?

1. Lock account name under Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Lock account name

2. Windows User Names under C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows User Names under C drive: Hi. I am a little pedantic and a stickler for detail. I bought a new laptop and under " This PC > OS C: > Users " it has 2 account names, "Public" and "matth".Is there any way to change the "matth" to "Matthew" please?Thank you....
  3. Windows User Names under C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows User Names under C drive: Hi. I am a little pedantic and a stickler for detail. I bought a new laptop and under " This PC > OS C: > Users " it has 2 account names, "Public" and "matth".Is there any way to change the "matth" to "Matthew" please?Thank you....
  4. Lock Screen prompt sign in name "Pnputjup" and icon under my name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen prompt sign in name "Pnputjup" and icon under my name.: On my Windows 10 Lock Screen prompt to sign in under my name is another name "Pnputjup" with its icon for signing in. I do not dare click on it and I do not know how or when it got there or what it is nor how to get rid of it. What is it??? How did it get onto my computer on...
  5. Lock Screen prompt sign in name "Pnputjup" and icon under my name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen prompt sign in name "Pnputjup" and icon under my name.: On my Windows 10 Lock Screen prompt to sign in under my name is another name "Pnputjup" with its icon for signing in. I do not dare click on it and I do not know how or when it got there or what it is nor how to get rid of it. What is it??? How did it get onto my computer on...
  6. Lock Screen prompt sign in name "Pnputjup" and icon under my name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Removal of an account under email & accounts in Windows 10

Removal of an account under email & accounts in Windows 10: I have a personal PC which I downloaded Teams to to demo to a client a specific piece of software. I logged into my work account on teams to share the content and then deleted teams, however I still have my work account being shown as an account under email & accounts....
  8. Windows 10: Changing Account Name

Windows 10: Changing Account Name: Hello there. I recently linked my email with my windows account and my account username is now that of the email I used to do so. I have tried to change my username via Control Panel, to no avail. Attached here is a link to the image of how I saw it please ignore my weeaboo...
  9. 2nd windows pc under same name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2nd windows pc under same name: i currently have an older windows 10 pc, however i have just bought a second pc for vr and 4k gaming my question is can i register my new windows pc to the same email address as i did before and will that make it the same login or pin number the same when i try and login or...
  10. User name under C is not the same as the Account name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name under C is not the same as the Account name: We recently bought my husband a new computer. We put in his name, which is Collins as the account name. However, when I go to the C drive his user name shows up as Colli. Is there a way to Change that....