Windows 10: Lock box at System Settings is greyed out

Discus and support Lock box at System Settings is greyed out in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I'm struggling to unlock the Lock option on my Windows 10 Home edition. An objective - to be able to lock my PC. A problem - at the Ctrl + Alt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Yuriy Dem, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Yuriy Dem Win User

Lock box at System Settings is greyed out

Hi,

I'm struggling to unlock the Lock option on my Windows 10 Home edition.

An objective - to be able to lock my PC.

A problem - at the Ctrl + Alt + Del screen, there is no Lock option.

I went to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings. The Lock box is shown there, however it's disabled.

I then click "Change settings that are currently unavailable", the Lock box appears to be enabled but is greyed out and I'm still unable to check it. Please see the screen below.

Lock box at System Settings is greyed out d6061fa7-28cb-46e2-b3db-a210f03fd75a?upload=true.jpg

Would you please explain what else should be configured?

Thanks!

:)

Yuriy Dem, Aug 1, 2020

2. Rotation Lock Greyed Out

I'm on an ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP412FA and the rotation lock button is greyed out in the right side panel and in the settings, which also means that the keyboard isn't working (I'm using the on-screen keyboard). I've tried a fair bit but anything that
    can be suggested would be great. Thanks in advance!

LewisMeeking, Aug 1, 2020
  3. SETAK Win User
    Rotation lock is greyed out

I have a Yoga 14 which was running fine until recently

I cant find Intel virtual button (for suggested fix)

There is no YMC listed in the services (for suggested fix)

I have put sensor monitor on AUTO

Auto rotate is greyed out on toolbar and in settings.

Windows 10 is latest update as is Lenovos updates

This is a very frustrating problem that shouldn't really be a problem anymore. Windows 10 has been around long enough.

SETAK, Aug 1, 2020
  4. brunob7 Win User

Rotation lock greyed out

go to tablet mode then in display settings turn on landscape flipped and the rotate lock will out grey, then just turn it off.

regards

brunob7, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Lock box at System Settings is greyed out - Similar Threads - Lock box System

2. Rotation lock is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rotation lock is greyed out: I enabled rotation lock last night for the first time and now it is greyed out and I have to manually change rotation. I have a HP Envy, windows 11. Manually changing the rotation or tent mode won't change it. I have tried a recommendation from another tread:Press Windows+R...
  3. Rotation lock is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rotation lock is greyed out: I enabled rotation lock last night for the first time and now it is greyed out and I have to manually change rotation. I have a HP Envy, windows 11. Manually changing the rotation or tent mode won't change it. I have tried a recommendation from another tread:Press Windows+R...
  4. Rotation Lock greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotation Lock greyed out: I haven't been able to rotate my screen whenever I flip it or put it in tent mode, nor does it go into tablet mode when I flip the screen, I have a 2 in 1 Asus Vivobook, I have tried everything to get the rotation lock to workI have tried putting it in portrait mode and it...
  5. rotation lock greyed out

rotation lock greyed out: After update, my display changed to portrait. I have changed it to landscape but the rotation lock is greyed out, so that it will not automatically change to portrait if I rotate the screen....
  6. Rotation Lock Greyed Out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rotation Lock Greyed Out: I'm on an ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP412FA and the rotation lock button is greyed out in the right side panel and in the settings, which also means that the keyboard isn't working I'm using the on-screen keyboard. I've tried a fair bit but anything that can be suggested would be...
  7. rotation lock greyed out

rotation lock greyed out: I have an acer spin 1 with windows 10 and my rotation lock screen is greyed out and my screen will not rotate automatically anymore. how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock-greyed-out/23ffc815-5629-46b4-91ce-55996c428b4c
  8. Rotation lock greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rotation lock greyed out: [ATTACH] how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock-greyed-out/e057c298-2b31-4062-9d2e-a606525f224a
  9. Rotation Lock greyed out

Rotation Lock greyed out: if you have this issue first put your screen in tent mode or tablet mode and see if you then can adjust that setting before doing a lot of research like I did....
  10. Rotation Lock Greyed Out In Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rotation Lock Greyed Out In Settings: I have seen this question more times than I think users of technology should have to ask, but once again I am asking, how can I fix this rotation lock grey out issue so that I may be able to do rotations no matter what mode I am using my Dell Inspirion 13 5000 series in?...