Windows 10: Lock button not available in Find My Device

Discus and support Lock button not available in Find My Device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop was stolen and I was trying to lock it by using the Find My Device feature. However, I only see the Find button but no Lock button. Is there... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SunnyDee_833, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Lock button not available in Find My Device

My laptop was stolen and I was trying to lock it by using the Find My Device feature. However, I only see the Find button but no Lock button. Is there a reason why I don't have that option?

Lock button not available in Find My Device 64592c3d-5b39-4523-92b8-9e8d8fbcfd4d?upload=true.png

:)

SunnyDee_833, Mar 27, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Task Bar and Audio button visually available

Hi Mercedes,

It is possible that your taskbar is set to hide automatically causing it to hide whenever you open a web page. We would recommend that you lock your taskbar to keep it visually available. To lock the taskbar kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left panel.
    • Make sure Lock the taskbar option is switched On.

Should you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to post back.

John Vil, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Lock button not available in Find My Device

unable to scroll lock screen after update htc mozart

If you can not slide the lock screen it may well be an issue with the digitizer.

The only other suggestion I have is perform a hard reset to return the device back to factory defaults. If that does not work, you will have to send it in for repair/replacement sushi21.

Steps to hard reset using phone buttons:

• With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME UP and DOWN buttons, and then briefly press the POWER button.
    • Wait for the screen to show the instructions on how to do the factory reset, and then release the VOLUME UP and DOWN buttons.
    • Follow the instructions onscreen to factory reset your phone.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Lock button not available in Find My Device

1. Lock button not available in Find My Device - Similar Threads - Lock button available

2. Unlock a device I locked by find my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock a device I locked by find my device: I locked a device when the person i gave the device didn’t return it the day they mentioned they would return, they returned my device just now and i cannot find any unlock option in my phone in the Microsoft site which i used to lock the device using this Microsoft account....
  3. Unlock a device I locked by find my device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unlock a device I locked by find my device: I locked a device when the person i gave the device didn’t return it the day they mentioned they would return, they returned my device just now and i cannot find any unlock option in my phone in the Microsoft site which i used to lock the device using this Microsoft account....
  4. Unlock a device I locked by find my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't unlock a find my device locked device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't unlock a find my device locked device: Used "Find My Device" to lock a missing device and now there seems to be no way to unlock it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unlock-a-find-my-device-locked-device/730f3f4a-f004-428e-88b5-2b88a84fadea
  6. Can't unlock a find my device locked device

Can't unlock a find my device locked device: Used "Find My Device" to lock a missing device and now there seems to be no way to unlock it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unlock-a-find-my-device-locked-device/730f3f4a-f004-428e-88b5-2b88a84fadea
  7. Has the lock in find my device worked?

Has the lock in find my device worked?: My laptop was taken few days ago, I logged in to my Microsoft account online and tried to lock my device. As I tried to lock it, there was a message saying they couldn't lock it at the moment, I suspected it was because it was at 0% battery. The next day I received an email...
  8. Has the lock in find my device worked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Has the lock in find my device worked?: My laptop was taken few days ago, I logged in to my Microsoft account online and tried to lock my device. As I tried to lock it, there was a message saying they couldn't lock it at the moment, I suspected it was because it was at 0% battery. The next day I received an email...
  9. Find my device lock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find my device lock: I recently used find my device to locate my laptop and locked it from my phone only to find out my girlfriend has it. How do i unlock it if she is out of town with the laptop?...
  10. Find My Device Missing & Tracking Not Available

in Windows 10 Support
    Find My Device Missing & Tracking Not Available: I've been upgrading all my family's computers to Windows 10, and none of them have the "Find My Device" option under Updates in Settings. Even when logging in to their account on the MS website the "Find My Device" option is missing. They are all up-to-date and have build...